Knowledge importance in rehabilitation counseling
- Evolution of Consumerism in Rehabilitation Counseling: A Theoretical Perspective. Rhoades, Donna R.; McFarland, Kay F. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Apr-Jun95, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p26
Discusses the evolution of consumerism in rehabilitation counseling and the shift in the focus from a hierarchical system to one that empowers those with disabilities. Pros and cons of consumerism; Factors influencing consumerism; Conclusion.
- A theoretical model for rehabilitation counseling. Hershenson, David B. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Jun90, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p268
Examines a theoretical model for rehabilitation counseling. Restoration or replacing assets and skills; Reintegrating the self-image; Reformulation of goals.
- The national supported employment initiative and its impact upon state agency rehabilitation... Shafer, Michael S. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Jun90, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p279
Examines the impact of the national supported employment initiative on state agency rehabilitation in the United States. Evaluation of counselors' knowledge of use of supported employment; Use of federal discretionary awards.
- Early referral and other factors affecting vocational rehabilitation outcome for the workers'... Gardner, John A. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Mar91, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p197
Estimates the private and social economic benefits from a program of systematic early referral of injured workers for vocational rehabilitation services. Early referral; Case characteristics; Simulation of systematically earlier referral; Policy implications.
- Construct validity of putative causes in psychosocial rehabilitation. Dellario, Donald J. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Dec91, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p119
Studies construct validity of putative causes in psychosocial rehabilitation. Theoretical construct; Operational definitions; Values; Functions and forms.
- 1991 convention program abstracts. Shaw, Linda R.; Berven, Norman L. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Dec91, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p132
Presents abstracts of content programs sponsored by the American Rehabilitation Counseling Association at the 1991 convention of the American Association for Counseling and Development. Invited programs; Formal presentations; Research paper; Conversation hours; Poster sessions.
- Self-perceived abilities of rehabilitation educators to teach competencies for rehabilitation... Ebener, Deborah J.; Berven, Norman L. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Sept93, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p6
Investigates differences in self-perceived abilities of rehabilitation educators to teach areas of competence in professional practice in relation to their educational and professional backgrounds. Identification of the sample of 305 educators involved in rehabilitation programs; Instruments...
- Validation of rehabilitation counseling accreditation and certification knowledge areas... Szymanski, Edna Mora; Linowski, Donald C. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Dec93, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p109
Describes the methodology and some of the initial results of an ongoing research study designed to provide validation of rehabilitation counseling knowledge areas across settings and over time. Description of the background and overall design for the study; Findings in the validation of the...
- Instrument to validate rehabilitation counseling accreditation and certification knowledge areas. Linkowski, Donald C.; Thoreson, Richard W. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Dec93, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p123
Describes the development of an instrument to validate existing accreditation standards and examination content in rehabilitation counseling accreditation and certification in the United States. Provision of ability to identify additions and changes in knowledge areas and incorporate into...