- PRIVATE TRANSPORTATION COMPANIES. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p124
A list of the top private transportation companies in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of local employees is presented, including Bell Trans, Limousines, Sedans & Buses, AWG Charter Service and Presidential Limousine.
- Birmingham revives plan for airport link. // Professional Engineering;03/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p10
Reports that Birmingham Airport in England, has evaluated a proposal for transportation link with Birmingham International railway station. Reference to the number of bids which were submitted previously; Value of one of the bid which includes a monorail system developed in Switzerland;...
- Washington. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/05/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30224, p32
No abstract available.
- House and Senate prepare to duel over ISTEA and BESTEA. Shah, Angela // Bond Buyer;09/12/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30229, p1
Reports on the unveiling of a US Senate committee proposal to extend ISTEA on transportation plans. Concerns on exceeding limits in the balanced budget; Six-year funding plan sponsored by the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee; Creation of a new transportation financing program.
- Support could build next year for measure to reduce federal role in transportation. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/04/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30285, p5
Focuses on the Surface Transportation and Transit Empowerment Act (STATE), with reference to several proposals put forward by various senators. Identification of the senators; Details on the reduction of the federal role in transporation; Comments from transportation director at the National...
- Transportation agencies thrive as improvement continue. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;12/04/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30285, p29
Presents information on the transportation systems in New York, with reference to the economic growth. Rehabilitation of six bridges and tunnels by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey; Comments from the agency's chief financial officer Charles F. McClafferty; Indepth look at funding.
- The impact of weather and climate on transport in the UK Thornes, John E. // Progress in Physical Geography;Jun1992, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p187
No abstract available.
- East Africa's tangled rail tracks. Williams, Steve // African Business;Feb97, Issue 218, p19
Reports on cooperative agreements in East Africa's transportation sectors in 1996. Establishment of the East African Railways & Marine Services (EAR) on May 1996; Prospects for linking marine transport networks in the region; Competitive forecasts in the area's transport industry according to...
- Regional transit. Sutro, D. // Architectural Record;Sep1990, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p128
Photo essay with text of the new Escondido Transit Center. Distinctive vernacular style used by Pacific Associates Planners Architects; Influence on Escondido's current architectural direction.
- New way to commute in Baltimore. // Architectural Record;Oct1990, Vol. 178 Issue 11, p19
Describes a new commuter rail system for Baltimore, Maryland. Stations; Stops in suburbs and downtown.