Entergy taps nuclear's growth potential
- Competitive Plants in a Deregulated Environment. Hintz, Donald C. // Nuclear Plant Journal;May/Jun2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p40
Comments on the operation of the nuclear power plant Entergy Corp. in the U.S. Role of the company in the balance between economy and environment; Views on the impact of the September 11 events on the economy of nuclear power plants; Plans of the company to educate and produce nuclear and other...
- Damhead Creek for sale. // Modern Power Systems;Sep2002, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p11
Reports the selling of 800 MV Damhed Creek power plant by Entergy in Great Britain. Cost of the facility; Factors affecting the selling of the facility; Means of bidding for the facility.
- Utility, Industry, & Corporation News. // Nuclear Plant Journal;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Reports developments related to utility, industry and corporation news of nuclear plants as of September 2001. Acquisition of Indian Point 2 nuclear plant by Entergy Corporation; Completion of the Hokkaido Nuclear Disaster Prevention Center; Connection of Tohoku Electric's Onagawa nuclear power...
- Entergy seeks opportunities in a changing nuclear market. Volz, Matthew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/10/99, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p15
Reports on Jackson, Mississippi-based Entergy Corp.'s planned acquisitions of several nuclear plants in the United States. Impact of the planned acquisitions in the nuclear energy industries; Comments from Entergy Nuclear Inc. vice president of nuclear business development Dan Keuter; Costs of...
- Entergy shines as its sector founders. Brannon, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/17/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p26
Reports on the performance of Entergy Corp. as of June 17, 2002. Increase of earnings in 2001; Competition against the estimates of Wall Street in terms of their earnings projections; Plan of Entergy to buy Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant in Vernon, Vermont.
- Entergy Deal Another Step In Utility's Nuclear Strategy. Clanton, Brett // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/10/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p8
Reports on the expanding nuclear power program of Louisiana-based Entergy Corp. Plan to buy two nuclear power plants in New York State; Agreement to operate Rochester Gas & Electric Corp.'s two Nine Mile nuclear plants; Potential earnings from the deals; Plan to buy aging nuclear power plants...
- Setbacks for Entergy. Gallagher, Patrick // Westchester County Business Journal;2/13/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that Entergy Nuclear of Entergy Corp. has been dealing setbacks in February 2012 due to an effort in renewing its operating licenses at the two reactors of the Indian Point Energy Center in New York.
- Entergy in nuclear pact. // Modern Power Systems;Mar2000, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p3
Informs that Entergy will buy the Fitzpatrick and Indian Point 3 nuclear power plants from the New York Power Authority.
- Star of Stars of Excellence. Lamberts, Tyler; Walsh, Kevin // Nuclear Plant Journal;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p48
The article focuses on the Waterford 3 nuclear power plant in Louisiana which remains an important asset in the nuclear industry. According to the article, the company experienced continued success with its successful completion of a power uprate that attained a maximum dependable capacity of...