- Arcus Foundation grants $2.1 million to Kalamazoo College. // Between the Lines (10807551);12/10/2009, Issue 1750, p8
The article focuses on the 2.1 million-dollar project grant from the Arcus Foundation for Kalamazoo College's Arcus Center for Social Justice Leadership.
- Kalamazoo College Offering a Mixed Private Placement. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/7/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33528, p5
The article reports on the issuance of 36.4 million dollars of bonds by Kalamazoo College in Michigan to raise money and take all of its bonds off the public market to escape a bond covenant that has grown too restrictive.
- Weighing security and success. Whitelaw, Kevin // U.S. News & World Report;9/16/96, Vol. 121 Issue 11, p115
Considers the ways in which seniors at a Michigan's Kalamazoo College are facing the future in 1996. Their awareness of the uncertain job market; Steps which senior Kip Adrian is taking to cover himself; Students' exploration of career options, which takes them away from campus and into...
- KVCC faculty union chooses AAUP. // Academe;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the Kalamazoo Valley Community College's (KVCC) decision to affiliate with the American Association of University Professors (AAUP). Comments from Western Michigan University AAUP President Lyn Bartley.
- Kalamazoo College. // Public Works;Nov2008, Vol. 139 Issue 12, p44
The article reports that Kalamazoo College has won the annual Recyclemania competition in the U.S. and has been recognized as a 2008 Trendsetter by "Public Works" for its recycling rate of nearly 59 percent.
- A Fellowship in Learning: Kalamazoo College, 1833-2008. Mujic, Julie A. // Michigan Historical Review;Spring2011, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p152
A review of the book "A Fellowship in Learning: Kalamazoo College, 1833-2008," by Marlene Crandell Francis is presented.
- Nothing to Lose. Gray, Bill // Tennis;Apr99, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p16
Speculates that the Kalamazoo College men's tennis team will win its sixty-first consecutive conference championship. Basis of such speculation; Comments from Timon Corwin, the Hornets' tennis coach.
- OUTSTANDING BUILDINGS--AUDITORIUMS/MUSIC ROOMS. // American School & University;Aug2003, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p73
Features the auditoriums and music rooms of several schools in the U.S. that were recognized for their outstanding design at the 2003 Educational Interiors Showcase. Beacon High School in Beacon, New York; Cherokee High School in Marlton, New Jersey; Kalamazoo College in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Beyond borders. Johnston Jr., Joseph S. // Liberal Education;Summer93, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p36
Presents an excerpt from an Association of American Colleges (AAC) publication on profiles of international initiatives. Challenge of internationalization; AAC grants in 1988; Background in internationalization issue; Rationale; Case of Bentley College; Case of Kalamazoo College.