The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award 1996
- The Baldrige award: A quest for excellence? Gradig, Rita M.; Harris, John K. // Review of Business;Spring94, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p20
Describes and provides insights about the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, part of a national campaign to improve the quality of products and services in the United States. Guidelines; Procedures; Winners circle; Benefits and drawbacks.
- Revised baldridge criteria available. // Appliance Manufacturer;Feb97, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p19
Provides information with regards to the individual copies of the 1997 Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award criteria. Other information.
- Service, please: The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality... Collier, David A. // Business Horizons;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p88
Discusses several misconception about the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (MBNQA) and highlights the role of services and service firms in the MBNQA program. Objectives of the MBNQA; Seven major criticisms of the MBNQA; Reasons why service firms are not winning the MBNQA; Suggested...
- TQM and occupational health. // Occupational Hazards;May94, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p112
Discusses the categories of the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award. Requisites for award; Comments from award organizers.
- Four win 1996 Baldridge Award. // Quality;Dec96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p12
Names the recipients of the 1996 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award which is managed by private industry and the National Institute of Standards and Technology. ADAC Laboratories in the manufacturing category; Trident Precision Manufacturing Inc. and Custom Research Inc. in the small...
- `Baldrige Index' again outperforms S&P 500. // Quality;May97, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p14
No abstract available.
- How the Baldrige winners did it. Bacon, D. // Nation's Business;Jan89, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p32
Discusses the three companies that were 1988 recipients of the first Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, an award for delivering high-quality products and services. Globe Metallurgical; Westinghouse's Commercial Nuclear Fuel Division; Motorola. INSET: Do you want to compete?.
- Prize achievements. Whittemore, M. // Nation's Business;Jan90, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p29
Reports on the awarding of the 1989 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. Xerox Corp. rewarded for regaining the lead in copy-machine quality; Milliken & Co. cited for its Japanese-style team management.
- The Baldrige: It's about more than quality. Bergstrom, Robin Yale // Automotive Production;Jun96, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p50
Presents information and answers to questions on the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. Relevance of the award; Goals of the award; Question on Malcolm Baldrige; Comparison with International Standards Organization 9000; Nomination requirements; Comparison with the Deming Award in Japan.
- The quest for quality. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/22/90, Vol. 133 Issue 17, p7
Editorial. Covers this year's award of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award to Federal Express, the first service category winner.