Your questions answered
- Honey fungus hits historic tree. // Plantsman: New Series;Mar2010, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the honey fungus infection of a 200-year-old apple tree at Southwell, Nottinghamshire, England.
- armillaria mellea. Baker, Tony // Other: British & Irish Poetry since 1970;1999, p6
The poem "Armillaria Mellea," by Tony Baker is presented. First Line: knees on off fists and hello lute's; Last Line: clean through all such conclusions...
- Q & A. Kleine, Adele // Chicagoland Gardening;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p6
The article presents questions and answers related to gardening including how to stop the spread of honey fungus, the reason for the browning of the needles of pine trees and how to determine when the seeds of prairie dropseed should be harvested.
- Lactarius deliciosus, Armillaria mellea ve Tricholoma fracticum Makrofungus Misellerinin GeliÅŸim HÄ±zlarÄ±nÄ±n KÃ¼ltÃ¼r OrtamÄ±nda Belirlenmesi. Gezer, Kutret; Kaygusuz, Oğuzhan; Soylu, Uğur // Academic Food Journal / Akademik GIDA;May2011, p17
This study was conducted with fungi samples collected from Gireniz Valley within the city of Denizli, Turkey, at the Mushroom Research and Application Center of Pamukkale University between 2009 and 2010. In this study, the growth rates of mycelium of macro fungi isolates belonged to...
- FINDING FUNGI. Moss, Maurice // Biologist;Oct/Nov2013, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p30
The article offers information on several types of fungus in Great Britain. These includes the honey fungus which is also known as bootstrap fungus because of its capability to produce black rhizomorphs under bark of decaying trees. It notes the penny bun or cep, is considered to be one of the...
- NovÃ¡ vlna chÅ™adnutÃ smrku v KrkonoÅ¡Ãch? Mauer, Oldřich; Palátová, Eva; Hadaš, Pavel; Vavřîček, Dušan // Opera Corcontica;2010, Vol. 47, p251
The study analyzes development and health condition of root system in Norway spruce (Picea abies) affected by decline and yellowing of assimilatory organs in the locality under management of the Forest District HornÃ MarÅ¡ov in the KrkonoÅ¡e National Park (KRNAP). The analyses included...
- Rescue bid launched for the original Brantley tree. // Horticulture Week;11/11/2016, p20
The article reports on the initiatives to save the original Bramley apple tree planted in a garden at Southwell in Nottinghamshire, England after being destructed by honey fungus.
- Combinations of Fungal Antagonists for Biological Control of Armillaria Root Rot of Strawberry Plants. Raziq, F.; Fox, R. T.V. // Biological Agriculture & Horticulture;2005, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p45
In a pot experiment with strawberry plants (cv. Cambridge Favourite), two isolates (Th1 and Th2) of Trichoderma harzianum were tested individually and in combination for their efficacy against the root rot pathogen Armillaria mellea. Similarly, an effective isolate of Dactylium dendroides, the...
- Antagonistic Activities of Selected Fungal Isolates Against Armillaria mellea. Raziq, F.; Fox, R. T. V. // Biological Agriculture & Horticulture (AB Academic Publishers);2004, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p41
The antagonistic activities of six selected fungal isolates against Armillaria mellea were studied on two different concentrations of three media, on fungicides-amended malt extract agar (MEA) medium, and in glasshouse pots filled with John Innes No.2 compost and natural field soil. Trichoderma...