- A land of opportunity. D.I. // Africa Report;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the business opportunity provided by hunting in Mozambique. Entry of entrepreneurs into the country; Growth of the business; Problems with conservation.
- Native hunting rights under the gun. Carter, Toni Owen // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/1/93, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p21
Investigates contentions by Albertans that native hunters are slaughtering moose and elk in epidemic proportions. A group led by Gary Bracken has launched a drive to ask federal government to ensure native rights are limited to hunting for personal consumption and to prohibit sales of meat or...
- Some favor lions over humans! Samuel, Dave // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p40
Reports on developments related to hunting in the United States. Includes Colorado residents' views on mountain lions; Bear hunting in Oregon and in Ontario; US President Bill Clinton's Executive Order mandating that hunting be a priority on National Wildlife Refuges.
- Soapbox. Johnson, Gordon // Bowhunter;Feb/Mar97, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p81
Reports that the public image of hunting continues to slip. Decrease in hunting license sales; Perception of hunting and hunters as dangerous; Obligation of anybody involved in archery to improve the public's perception of archers.
- Trail's end. Jones, Larry D. // Bowhunter;Apr/May97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p22
Relates the author's experiences in and advice on hunting. Includes carefully avoiding noisy oak leaves while following a trail; Always keeping the eyes open for sign which shows evidence of game in the area; Location of fresh tracks.
- Start your own suburban deer bowhunt. Samuel, Dave // Bowhunter;Apr/May97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p40
Presents updates on hunting in the United States as of March 1997. Includes the finding that Pennsylvania citizens support hunting more than other states; Remington Arms Co.'s promotion of hunting; Development of a children's video on anti-hunting for the Fund for Animals group by Buffalo...
- Hunter numbers still stable. Samuel, Dave // Bowhunter;Jun/Jul97, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p44
Presents notes related to hunting in the United States. Number of hunters in 1995; Investment in The Cruelty Free Value Fund; Voting in Arkansas on a sales tax; Severe budget cuts in US Forest Service wildlife and fisheries programs; Lawsuit of the Fund for Animals against the US Fish and...
- Moonwalks, snow angels and the rustbucket. McGee, John; Wilson, John // Bowhunter;Jun/Jul97, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p76
Recounts the author's hunting experience with some companions in Boone, Iowa. Accident met by one of the author's hunting buddy; Problem with the hunting boots; Hunting in freezing weather.
- Young hunters not there. Samuel, Dave // Bowhunter;Aug/Sept97, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p42
Presents news relating to hunting in the United States. Percentage of hunters in the various age categories; Presence of the game department on the Internet; Collection of freshly butchered road-kill deer for food banks in Maryland; Use of the Internet to buy a hunting license in Illinois;...
- Back 40 whitetails. Kayser, Mark // Bowhunter;Aug/Sept97, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p72
Focuses on the rewards of hunting close to home. Economic aspects of hunting; Ability to keep tabs on the hunting ground; Educational aspects; Success in hunting at home.