- Outdoors fun: It's not just for men. // New York State Conservationist;Aug95, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p30
Looks at New York State's 1995 Becoming an Outdoors-Woman Workshop on September in Orange County. Topics in the workshop; Emphasis on hands-on, low-stress approach; Establishment of the workshop; Aims of the workshop; Participants.
- GIVE IT A SHOT! …. Ziegler, Dawn // Sports 'n Spokes Magazine;Jan2012, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p52
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience when she joins the workshop for women with disabilities organized by Becoming an Outdoors-Woman (BOW) organization.
- GIRLZ 2 WOMEN. Gurnett, Kate // New York State Conservationist;Jun2002, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p6
Provides information on the 'Becoming an Outdoors-Woman' workshop sponsored by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation. Registration fee; Goal of the workshop; Outdoor activities included in the workshop; Comments from participants.
- Becoming an Outdoors-Woman Workshop 2007 Registration Now Available Online. // Out of Doors;Jul2007, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p8
The article announces the 13th Becoming an Outdoors-Woman workshop of the South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks Department (GFP) to be held in Black Hills, near Custer, South Dakota on September 14-16, 2007. The department is currently preparing for the workshop. Chad Tussing, education services...
- Becoming an outdoors woman. // Fly Fisherman;May2000, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p38
Focuses on the Becoming an Outdoors Woman workshop on outdoor sports in the United States. Purpose of the program; Courses offered and state coverage; Role of Doctor Christine Thomas in the success of the workshop; Contact information of the program organizers.
- A hunting she will go. Schlosberg, Suzanne // Women's Sports & Fitness;Mar96, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p55
Relates the author's experiences as a participant in the September 1995 three-day workshop called Becoming an OutdoorsWoman, a program run by state fish-and-game departments in the United States and held at 4H centers and other rural facilities. Program's system of operation; Courses available;...
- KDWP to host spring outdoors-woman workshop. // High Plains Journal;3/21/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 12, p9B
The article offers information on the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Park's second spring workshop to complement its Becoming an Outdoors-Woman program in Kansas from May 13-15, 2001.
- Becoming an Outdoors-Woman Program Plans Workshop. // State Journal (WV);3/1/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 9, pT14
The article offers information on the Becoming an Outdoors-Woman Workshop organized by the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources at North Bend State Park in West Virginia on April 19-21, 2013.
- Regional Roundup: Alabama. Johnson, Jennie // Southern Sporting Journal;Feb2005, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p50
Presents an update on issues related to conservation and natural resources in Alabama as of February 2005. Youth hunting events and the Becoming an Outdoors Woman workshops; Topics discussed in the television show "Alabama Outdoors"; Schedule of the deer season.