You can canoe too
- Bark canoe. // Boys' Life;Jun91, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p59
Explains how to make a tiny replica of a birch bark canoe that can be used as a slide. Materials needed; What color to paint it.
- Whitewater canoeing the Chattooga River. // Backpacker;Oct95, Vol. 23 Issue 8, Trailside p8
Discusses the experience of canoeing on the Chattooga River along the Georgia/South/North Carolina border. Force of current; Maximizing boat control; Classification of rapids.
- Fear Of Frying. Mershon, Ann // Backpacker;Feb2001, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the decline in the number of canoeists at the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in Minnesota.
- Gently down the stream, then gently back up again. Weber, Elizabeth // Christian Science Monitor;8/28/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 194, p19
Offers the author's reflections on her experiences canoeing down a river.
- Canoeing. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/23/94, Vol. 41 Issue 21, Leisure Guide p59
Presents a list of companies offering canoeing lanes in Long Island, New York.
- Canoeing. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/5/95 Supplement, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p69
Lists canoeing places in Long Island, New York.
- Paddle and pitch. Huggler, T. // Outdoor Life;Jun92, Vol. 189 Issue 6, p24
Considers how canoes are the ultimate camping craft and are indispensable for exploring truly wild lakes or floating suburban streams. Tips on buying a canoe; Used canoes; Packing tips.
- One-man canoe carry. Sparano, Vin T.; Laager, Ken // Outdoor Life;Oct95, Vol. 196 Issue 4, p89
Gives step-by-step instructions on how to carry a canoe alone. Advantages of the canoe; Getting the canoe on one's shoulders; Making a yoke from paddles. INSET: Making a yoke from paddles..
- Voyaging in the boundary waters... Doherty, J. // Smithsonian;Jul88, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p78
Description of a canoe trip through the boundary waters wilderness. Definition of `boundary waters' and location; Background information to the lands and waters; The Wilderness Act of 1964; How to stuff a canoe; Photos of sites seen during voyage; The `challenge' of carrying a canoe;...
- White water. McCloy, M. // Women's Sports & Fitness;May92, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p72
Relates some of the author's canoeing and kayaking experiences. Kayaking on California's Klamath River; Canoeing Idaho's Salmon River; Skills required; Dangers and fun involved; Resource information.