Regional review: South Korea
Tags: FOOD relief
- Los Angeles meal program facing 15% fund cutback. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p6
States that due to state and Federal funding cutbacks of $460,000, a Los Angeles city-run weekday hot meal program is facing cutbacks of up to 15 %. Number of nutrition sites to be affected; Comments from Ann Smith, general manager of the City's Dept. of Aging; Others area which contribute to...
- No bangers and mash for the hat. Fuller, Patty // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/9/94, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p17
Focuses on a ruling from Agriculture Canada which said tinned rations fed by the British Army to its soldiers on exercises at Canadian Forces Base Suffield is unfit to be handed out free at the Medicine Hat Food Bank. Tons of foodstuffs shipped from Britain to Medicine Hat each year; Why the...
- Operation H.O.P.E. // Current Health 1;Feb1994, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p22
Presents Berlin Community School teacher Barbara Rote's fifth-grade students' creation of a special food drive for the people of Berlin, New Jersey. Students' awareness of the hunger problem in the United States from article in `Current Health 1' periodical; Contributions from school children.
- South Korea. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/23/95, Vol. 87 Issue 146, p2
Informs about the emergency rice aid for North Korea from its capitalist rival South Korea.
- The Red Cross said yesterday it reached an agreement. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;8/29/95, Vol. 87 Issue 192, p2
Reports about an agreement between Sri Lanka and the Red Cross for aid of food shipments in Jaffna Peninsula.
- North Korea's extremity. // Christian Science Monitor;6/17/97, Vol. 89 Issue 141, p20
Editorial. Discusses food aid to North Korea. Comparison of giving food aid to North Korea to helping a trapped animal; Position of leaders in North Korea on food aid; Reference to some of the countries committed to providing food to North Korea; Problems with the food aid on reaching North Korea.
- Day set aside for hunger awareness. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/2/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p7
Highlights the National Hunger Awareness Day in New York.
- Hammer and sickle prove poor farm tools in N. Korea. Baker, Michael // Christian Science Monitor;1/23/96, Vol. 88 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the effects of North Korea's appeal for food aid to the United States (US). Details on this effect; How American officials handle the situation; Information on North Korea's announcement to stop searching for remains of US soldiers; Examination of how South Korea views the...
- An African nightmare. // Newsweek;11/26/84, Vol. 104 Issue 21, p56
Flood of generosity. All over America, and in many other places around the world, the horrifying images of Africa's famine have shaken hundreds of thousands of people out of their complacency. Now that the story is finally out, another major question is how long, the concern will last. The...
- The unending emergency. Zuehlke, Mark // Canada & the World Backgrounder;1994, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p28
Discusses various aspects of food banks in Canada and reports that the first ones opened in the early 1980s and are still open in 1994. The Edmonton Gleaners Association; Estimates on the number of food banks in Canada; Results of a survey of 70,000 adults using the Daily Bread Food Bank in...