Huggins vows to fight on after license revocation
- In Memoriam: Hal Alan Huggins, DDS, MS. // Townsend Letter;Feb/Mar2015, Issue 379/380, p17
A obituary for Dr. Hal Alan Huggins, American campaigner against the use of dental amalgam fillings, is presented.
- Are mercury tooth fillings a toxic time bomb in your head? Moore, Charles W. // Natural Life;Jan/Feb97, Issue 53, p1
Focuses on the debate in the international dental community over the health aspects of mercury tooth fillings. Ban on mercury amalgam dental fillings in certain European countries; American Dental Association's rejection of the practice of replacing amalgam fillings from non-allergic patients...
- REDBOOK handbook: ADVICE, ANSWERS, AND HEALTH NEWS YOU CAN USE. Nestel, Paige; DeCostole, Jessica; De Coursy, Nicole // Redbook;Jan2007, Vol. 208 Issue 1, p58
The article presents an update on issues related to health as of January 2007. A proposal to prohibit chefs from using ingredients such as margarines that contain trans fat was unveiled by the New York City's Board of Health. The article also addresses a question on the safety of silver fillings...
- Dental maverick charged. // NCAHF Newsletter (08903417);Sep/Oct95, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p3
Reports that the Colorado Attorney General has charged Hal Huggins of Colorado Springs, Colorado, for dental malpractice.
- Television Program Exploits Effects of Mercury. Maxson, Tope // CDS Review;Dec2014, p23
The article cites Hal Huggins, a Colorado Springs dentist, who stars in the series "Breakaway" aired March 5-7.
- Response from CDA. Weber, George // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p422
A letter to the editor is presented about a modification approved by Health Canada concerning the exclusion period for donors following dental filling or cleaning.
- Are your fillings hazardous to your health? McCarthy, Jenna // Self;Mar2002, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p94
Focuses on the safety of mercury-based dental fillings of people in the U.S. Claims on the correlation between the fillings and illnesses; Effects of the implantation and removal of fillings on the individual; Support of the American Dental Association on the use of the fillings.
- Are your teeth toxic? Gorman, Christine; Woodbury, Richard // Time;12/11/1995, Vol. 146 Issue 24, p71
Considers the activities of a Colorado dentist who has preached against the evils of silver amalgam in fillings. Having old fillings removed, a painful and expensive process, due to the theory that the fillings are poisoning the body by leaching out mercury that was mixed with silver; The...
- Mercury In Children's Fillings: How Risky? // Child Health Alert;Jun2006, Vol. 24, p1
The article focuses on the health risks of the use of mercury in dental fillings in the U.S. It is known that these fillings release small amounts of mercury vapor over time. A study in five community dental health clinics in New England followed 534 children between the ages of 6 and 10 years...