- Standards implementation goes to states. // Teaching Music;Aug95, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on the implementation of the National Standards for Arts Education in Indiana and Iowa. Incorporation of the National Standards into the states' own performance standards; Requirements of school accreditation programs; Absence of mandated performance standards in Iowa. INSET:...
- Arts standards. // Teaching Music;Aug95, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p43
Presents a map highlighting the progress of different states in incorporating standards in arts education. States which have completed revision; States that are working on revisions; States with no plans for arts education standards.
- The national goal. // Teaching Music;Aug95, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p43
Presents the objectives of national standards for music education. Includes the formation of a music education coalition in all states; Formation of local advocacy group for music education; Presence of full-time music supervisor.
- NAEP document to parallel standards draft. // Music Educators Journal;Sep93, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the consistency of the drafts of the National Standards for Arts Education and the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NEAP). Evaluation of representative sample of American students; Operationalization of arts standards in nation's educational system; Description of drafts.
- A primer on the National Standards for Arts Education. // Teaching Music;Feb94, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the development of the National Standards for Arts Education in the United States. Formation of the America 2000 Arts Partnership in March 1992; Composition of task forces drafting the standards; Formal presentation of the standards in late 1994; Resolution of challenges facing the...
- News shorts. // Teaching Music;Feb94, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p14
Reports on developments in arts education in the United States as of February 1994. Coordination of initiatives and future strategies between leaders of the education standards project and the National Assessment of Educational Progress; Department of Education grant for an arts standards project.
- Implementation task force forges ahead. // Teaching Music;Feb94, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the finalization of the plans of a task force charged with planning strategies for building acceptance of arts education standards in the United States. Major issues involved in implementing the standards; Constituencies considered important to the acceptance of the standards; Grants...
- The arts and education reform. // Teaching Music;Apr94, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p29
Presents issues on improving arts education standards in the United States addressed in the January 18, 1994 Goals 2000 Satellite Town Meeting. Panelists' discussion of the importance of including arts in the educational process; Role community cultural institutions to supplement sequential...
- National Standards for Arts Education. // Teaching Music;Apr94, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p30
Presents facts in the implementing the National Standards for Education in the Arts in the United States. Voluntary nature of the standards; Substance and basis for implementing the standards; Creators of the National Standards for Education.