Modernity, postmodernity, or capitalism?
- `Globalization' or `globaloney'? Wood, Ellen Meiksins // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Feb97, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p21
Presents the author's reaction to another writer's reaction to her piece on postmodernity. Capitalism as an ever-changing system as the author's main argument; Concept of globalization; Class and state in a `globalized' capitalism.
- A constitui��o do sujeito na p�s-modernidade e o consumismo. Horta Fialho do Amaral Cougo, Raquel // Revista Mal-estar e Subjetividade;Sep2011, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1143
This article aims to estabilsh relations between consumerism and the changes observed in the process of the subject's constitution in postmodernity. We will tackle the capitalist discourse, pointing to the presence, within it's logical structure, of an invitation to complete happiness through...
- The Romance of Art and Money. Mattick, Paul // International Journal of Political Economy;Summer95, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p3
The author of this article believes that art and money have both made appearances in many types of societies other than capitalist ones, which have given them their currently definitive forms. Or, rather, phenomena involving features of the practices now called art and money are found in various...
- Encountering the postmodern: new directions in cultural anthropology. Coombe, Rosemary J. // Canadian Review of Sociology & Anthropology;May91, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p188
Drawing upon cultural studies literature, this article suggests that the condition of postmodernity poses new challenges to the field of cultural anthropology that go beyond the (still significant) problem of ethnographic representation. Exploring the postmodernist project as one that involves a...
- Fredric Jameson and the dilemmas of late Marxism. Dasenbrock, Reed Way // Raritan;Winter92, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p117
Reviews the book `Postmodernism, or, The Cultural Logic of Late Capitalism,' by Fredric Jameson.
- Books. Wirzba, N. // Christian Century;10/23/91, Vol. 108 Issue 30, p973
No abstract available.
- Postmodern culture: The ambivalence of Fredric Jameson. Leitch, Vincent B. // College Literature;Jun92, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p111
Reviews the book `Postmodernism, or, the Cultural Logic of Late Capitalism,' by Fredric Jameson. Historical analysis of postmodernism; Ambivalent mix of appreciation and dismay for postmodernism.
- Culture and Capitalism. Genealogy of Consumer Culture. NEGRU, Teodor // Cultura: International Journal of Philosophy of Culture & Axiolo;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p122
Within the context of today's world overwhelmed by the increasing importance of capitalism, the need to analyse the relationship between man and capital in order to better understand the transformations culture has been undergoing. This endeavour relies on the idea that many concepts and...
- Postmodernism, or the Cultural Logic of Late Capitalism (Book Review). Stucky, Donald // Utopian Studies;1993, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p216
Reviews the book `Postmodernism, or the Cultural Logic of Late Capitalism,' by Fredric Jameson.