PHS proposes `parallel track' for new AIDS drugs
- Drug news and trial developments. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Mar1998, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p231
Presents information on drugs and trial developments in the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). AIDS vaccine study by VaxGen Incorporated; Study of HIV-positive patients receiving thalidomide treatment; Approval of rituximab for...
- List of pre-qualified products - 20 March 2002. // WHO Drug Information;2002, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p33
Presents pre-qualified pharmaceutical products for the Pilot Procurement Project, submitted by manufacturers of drugs for the treatment of HIV infection and AIDS.
- MCOs, AIDS activists join forces on national database for disease-management strategies. // Managed Healthcare;Apr98, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the HIV Treatment Data Project, a national database on HIV/AIDS treatments and disease-management being planned by the managed care industry and AIDS activists. Collaboration of the Group Health Cooperative Center for Health Studies and the University of Washington's Center for AIDS...
- TRIAL BEGINS FOR RAIN FOREST AGENT. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Jan1999, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p59
Reports on the start of the phase 1B clinical trial for (+)-calanotide A, an anti-AIDS compound discovered in the rain forest of Sarawak, Malaysia. Assessment of safety and pharmocokinetics; Results of the phase 1A trial.
- Glowing anecdotes have been told about every product sold to treat AIDS. Delaney, Martin // Advocate;10/23/90, Issue 562, p35
Reports on developments concerning treatment for HIV and AIDS as of October 23, 1990. Studies by Pauling Institute researchers focusing on the ability of vitamin C to fight HIV; Controversy over the use of oral alpha interferon for treatment of AIDS.
- Massachusetts mandates AIDS drug coverage. // Drug Topics;5/6/96, Vol. 140 Issue 9, p7
Reports that Massachusetts has become the first state to require health insurers to pay for certain drugs used off-label to treat HIV/AIDS patients.
- Patterns of Plasma Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 RNA Response to Antiretroviral Therapy. Huang, W.; De Gruttola, V.; Fischl, M.; Hammer, S.; Richman, D.; Havlir, D.; Gulick, R.; Squires, K.; Mellors, J. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;5/15/2001, Vol. 183 Issue 10, p1455
Characterizes the patterns of HIV-1 RNA response to antiretroviral therapy in patients in four AIDS clinical trials. Modeling of HIV-1 RNA responses as on or off track; Missing HIV-1 RNA level data and censoring below quantification limits; Comparisons with protocol-defined virologic end points.
- HIV/AIDS information. // Pediatrics for Parents;1995, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p3
Reports that the HIV/AIDS Treatment Information Service provides timely, accurate information about federally approved treatment guidelines for HIV and AIDS. Contact information.
- Panel releases guidelines on AIDS drug treatment. // Nation's Health;Jul97, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p7
Provides information on the AIDS drug treatment guidelines released by the United States Panel on Clinical Practices for Treatment of HIV Infection. Recommendations stated on the guidelines.