The Meaning of Gifts and Greetings
- Dorita, this is not Kansas! Is Latin America! Gonzalez, Silvia; Manzur, Enrique; Uribe, Rodrigo; Torres, Eduardo; Felzsenztein, Christian; Aquevque, Claudio; Bianchi, Constanza; Milberg, Sandra; Olavarrieta, Sergio // Advances in Consumer Research;2011, Vol. 39, p689
The article discusses the first and second Latin American Conferences of the Association for Consumer Research (ACR) that were held in Monterrey, Mexico in 2006 and in Sao Paulo, Brazil in 2008, respectively.
- Consumer Promotion and Brand Loyalty: An Information Processing Perspective. Leclerc, France // Advances in Consumer Research;1995, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p56
Summarizes the contents of a special topic session on consumer promotion. Papers presented by Priya Raghubir and Kim P. Corfman; Bari Harlam and Barbara Kahn; France Leclerc and John Little.
- Make my day, buyers say. Martin, Kathy // Advertising Age;8/20/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 34, pS-17
Presents the views of several media buyers, print buyers and planners in the U.S. regarding the improvements in the newspaper advertising industry as of August 1990. Bud Shields, vice president (VP) and manager for newspaper buying at Lintas: Campbell-Ewald; Bob Zach, VP-media director at...
- Understanding Consumer Responses To Cause-Related Marketing. Berger, Ida E.; Cunningham, M. Peggy // Advances in Consumer Research;1996, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p91
Focuses on a special topic session on cause-related marketing (CRM) at the October 1995 conference of the Association for Consumer Research (ACR). Affiliation of corporate for-profit marketing activities with the fund raising requirements of nonprofit organizations; Ways in which consumers...
- Customer Value -- A Framework For Analysis and Research. Holbrook, Morris B. // Advances in Consumer Research;1996, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p138
Presents a framework which proposes to distinguish among key aspects of consumption. Nature and types of customer value; Customer value's provision of the foundation for all marketing activity; Highlights of a session at the October 1995 conference of the Association for Consumer Research (ACR).
- Once Burned Twice Shy, This Stock has Been Good to Me So Far, and It Could Have Been Worse: How NaÃ¯ve Learning and Counterfactuals Influence the Repurchase of Stocks Previously Sold. Odean, Terry Odean; Strahilevitz, Michal; Barber, Brad // Advances in Consumer Research;2005, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p204
We establish two previously undocumented patterns in the purchase selections of individual investors and confirm a related pattern. These patterns hinge on investors' previous experience with a stock. We demonstrate that investors prefer to (1) repurchase stocks that they previously sold for a...
- Charting a Public Policy Research Agenda. Cohen, Joel B. // Advances in Consumer Research;1996, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p312
Focuses on a special session during the October 1995 conference of the Association for Consumer Research (ACR). Implications of the very high level of participation of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA); Challenges in accomplishing meaningful research...
- PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS Out of the Mouths of Babes: What Children Can Tell Us. John, Deborah Roedder // Advances in Consumer Research;1997, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p1
The article presents a speech delivered by Deborah Roedder John, the president of the University of Minnesota, at the annual Conference of the Association for Consumer Research held from October 10 to 13, 1996 in Tucson, Arizona. Topics include the "Breaking Out of the Box" theme of the...
- It's News to Me: Framing Effects in New Categories and New Situations. Brown, Christina L. // Advances in Consumer Research;1996, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p455
Focuses on papers presented during a topic session at the October 1995 conference of the Association for Consumer Research (ACR). Context or framing of effects that arise from consumers' attempt to assign a subjective value to a new, unfamiliar or uncertain case; Ways in which a brand's...