Report on Cognitive and Metacognitive Learning Strategies available
Tags: COGNITIVE learning
- Inherited cognitive abilities. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;08/01/97, Vol. 157 Issue 3, p241
Highlights a study in Sweden on the relationship of cognitive abilities to genetic determination.
- Cognitive condensation for mastery teaching and learning. Bagayoko, Diola; Kelley, Ella // Education;Fall94, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p19
Discusses the operational concept of cognitive condensation in education. Reformation of the guided mastery in teaching and learning; Elements of cognitive condensation; Applications of cognitive condensation; Use of the concept in teaching and learning for mastery.
- Cognitive development in African children. Mwamwenda, Tuntufye S. // Genetic, Social & General Psychology Monographs;Feb92, Vol. 118 Issue 1, p7
Reviews studies regarding the cognitive development of children in Africa. Performance of African children on general tasks; Performance of educated and uneducated children; Performance of African and Western children; Sex differences in performance; Predicting school performance from the...
- Instructional control of cognitive load in the training of complex cognitive tasks. Paas, Fred G.W.C.; Van Merrienboer, Jeroen J.G. // Educational Psychology Review;Dec94, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p351
Studies instructional control of cognitive load in the training of complex cognitive tasks. Description of the concept of cognitive load and measurement techniques; Causes and effects of high cognitive load; Instructional prescriptions and variables; Training strategies; Role of cognitive load...
- A cognitive development framework. Stanton, Warren R. // Current Psychology;Spring93, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p26
Develops a cognitive learning development framework using psychological theories. Identification of interactive stages and cognitive operations; Implications and relevance of the proposed development framework on cognitive development theories; Commonalities in cognitive operations across...
- Effect of cognitive style on test type (visual or verbal) and color coding. Moore, David M.; Dwyer, Francis M. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Dec94, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p1532
Studies the effect of color coding and test type on achievements of college students with different cognitive learning styles. Difference between field dependence and independence; Use od visual-spatial elements in the development of instruction materials for different cognitive learning styles.
- Matching the cognitive styles of management students and teachers: A preliminary study. Allinson, Christopher W.; Hayes, John // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Dec94, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p1256
Suggests that matching the cognitive styles of students and teachers may improve students' learning. Cognitive-style dimensions of actions; Analysis of the matching hypothesis.
- Achievement in school in relation to simultaneous and sequential cognitive processes among young... Elwan, Fadia Z. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Jun97 Part 2, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p1139
Presents a study which was designed to examine whether a relationship exists between scores on simultaneous and sequential cognitive processes, on one hand, and performance on the Reading Decoding and Arithmetic subtests of the Kauffman Assessment Battery for Children. Calculation of the...
- Encouraging Cognitive Growth Through Case Discussions. Bolt, Brian R. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1998, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p90
Describes the occurrence of cognitive growth among preservice physical educators in an elementary educational games class in which case discussions were used in the U.S. Concept of cognitive growth; Evidence of cognitive growth; Link between cognitive growth and case discussions.