- Introduction. Lim�n, Jos� E.; Libal, Autumn // Exiles from an Island Home: Cuban Americans;2005, p7
This section introduces a series of articles about the history of Latin Americans in the U.S.
- Why we must march. Rodriguez, Roberto // Hispanic;Jul1996, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p54
No abstract available.
- Bravo. // Hispanic;Jul1996, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p80
No abstract available.
- NOT A ZOOKEEPER'S CULTURE: LATCRIT THEORY AND THE SEARCH FOR LATINO/A AUTHENTICITY IN THE U.S. Backer, Larry Cata // Texas Hispanic Journal of Law & Policy;Spring98, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p7
Presents information on the Latino culture in the U.S. Discussion on the enterprise of critical theory which focuses on Latinos in the U.S.; Ways which Latinos use to perceive themselves; Analysis of the zoological approach to culture and identity in the Latino realm.
- U.S. Latinos. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;9/22/2008, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p2
A quiz about the Latino population in the U.S. is presented.
- How Agents Succeed In The Hispanic Market. De Simone, Marcella // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/14/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p4
Reports that immigrants to the United States (U.S.) from the Latin American nations are different in terms of education, wealth and assimilation into the U.S. culture. States where marketing for the Hispanic is similar to the mainstream; Difference between the Hispanic and mainstream client;...
- BUZZWORDS. // Hispanic;Oct2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p12
Presents quotations from several well-known Latin Americans in the U.S.
- Using the social, attitudinal, familial, and environmental (S.A.F.E.) acculturation stress scale... Fuertes, Jairo N.; Westbrook, Franklin D. // Measurement & Evaluation in Counseling & Development (American C;Jul96, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p67
Assesses the reliability of the Social, Attitudinal, Familial and Environmental (SAFE) scale in measuring the acculturation stress of Hispanics in the United States. Intercorrelations among factors of the scale; Generational differences in reaction to acculturation stress.
- Latino viewing habits. // Electronic Media;10/14/96, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p35
States that based on a study by BBDO shows, the prime-time viewing habits of English-speaking Latinos are similar to their Anglo neighbors. What the advertising agency's fourth annual `Report on Latino Viewing of network TV showed.