On Islamic Fundamentalism
Tags: ISLAMIC fundamentalism
- Islamist group backed by Iran prepares for peace. Battersby, John // Christian Science Monitor;7/31/95, Vol. 87 Issue 171, p6
Focuses on the political situation at a Bekaa Valley town situated in Baalbek, Lebanon. Founding of the Hizbullah group; Hizbullah's aim to establish an Islamic state; Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik al-Hariri's views on Hizbullah's status if Israel withdraws from Lebanon; Peace talks between...
- In a crackdown. McLaughlin, Abraham; Siems, Shelby // Christian Science Monitor;8/1/95, Vol. 87 Issue 172, p2
Rules out the possibility of imposing Islamic rule in Egypt. Israeli plans to request extradition of a Hamas leader for attacks against Israelis.
- Algeria's war on itself. Pierre, Andrew J.; Quandt, William B. // Foreign Policy;Summer95, Issue 99, p131
Focuses on the Islamic revolution in Algeria. Concern of European countries; Governance by the Front de Liberation Nationale (FLN); Details on Algeria's economic relations with France; Support for an European Union (EU) initiative on Algeria.
- Notes on church-state affairs: Tunisia. Beck, Rosalie; Hendon, David W. // Journal of Church & State;Spring93, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p447
Reports on the meeting among sixteen Arab countries in Tunisia to discuss how to deal with political unrest and violence organized by Muslim fundamentalism. Intention to arrange police methods for dealing with cross-border activities.
- Understanding Islamic fundamentalism. Kibble, David G. // Military Review;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p40
Discusses Islamic fundamentalism. Division between the modernists and revivalists; Types of Muslims; Islamic revivalism.
- Fundamentalist threat causes French to fret. // Christian Science Monitor;4/13/95, Vol. 87 Issue 96, p7
Reports on the results of the SOFRES survey, published in the daily Le Figaro, to gauge the French public perception on the seriousness of the threat of Muslim fundamentalism to France.
- Southern Sudan suffers terror, torture and famine. Liben, Paul H. // Human Events;12/2/94, Vol. 50 Issue 46, p22
Comments upon Islamic fundamentalism in Sudan. List of terrorist groups; Human suffering in Sudan.
- Notes on church-state affairs: Saudi Arabia. Beck, Rosalie; Curry, James A. // Journal of Church & State;Spring92, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p423
Focuses on late 1991 reports which indicated that Saudi Arabia's religious and political leaders are concerned about campaigns by militant religious fundamentalists. Increase in the number of fundamentalists.
- Losing a major irritant. Slavick, William H. // National Catholic Reporter;3/1/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p23
Reports on concerns which could be followed to put an end to Islamic Fundamentalist hostility by several European countries. Efforts which could be made by the U.S. in Israel for defusing Islamic fundamentalist hostility; Advantages of the reduction in sanctions against Iraq; Need for the...