House passes securities reform bill; Senate version expected soon
- In spite of Clinton, tort reform legislation becomes the law of the land. // CPA Journal;Feb96, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p11
Reports that the United States House of Representatives override President Bill CLinton's veto of the securities liability reform legislation which would give major relief to the heavy burden of joint and several liability. Safe harbor provisions.
- Congress Ready to Move on Regs. Bresiger, Gregory // Traders Magazine;Jun2001, Vol. 14 Issue 183, p12
Reveals the plans of the United States Congress to examine most securities laws going back to the 1930s. Fears raised by the plan; Remarks from Senator Phil Gramm (R-Texas) about the review.
- House Subcommittee Explores Expanded Use Of Capital Markets to Spread Financial Risk of Future Catastrophes. // Insurance Advocate;10/14/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 39, p3
Reports on the exploration of the expanded use of capital markets by the House Financial Services Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee in the U.S. Spreading of the financial risk of future catastrophic losses; Use of the General Accounting Office report on catastrophic risks; Application...
- Consumer trust hangs on aviation security bill. Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;10/31/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 236, p3
Reports that the United States House of Representatives is ready to debate whether airport security screeners should be federal employees.
- GSEs Pose Some Unique Risks. Miles, Barbara // National Mortgage News;08/07/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p4
Presents an excerpt from the author's testimony on government-supported equities before the Budget Committee of the United States House of Representatives. Risks posed by government-supported equities on the financial system and the economy; Potential for systemic risk posed by...
- House approves shift of securities lawsuits. // Human Events;11/20/98, Vol. 54 Issue 44, p27
Reports that the United States House of Representatives has approved a shift of securities lawsuits. Vote to adopt the conference report on a bill to require that securities fraud lawsuits involving more than 50 parties be brought to before federal courts.
- House Dems are hoping to turntables on the GOP with Social Security push. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;8/10/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 96, p7
The article reports on events planned by the U.S. House Democrats and interest groups to highlight the 75th anniversary of Social Security in August 2010 to attack Republicans who want to reform the popular entitlement.
- House Moves to Make Social Security Solvent. // Human Events;05/07/99, Vol. 55 Issue 17, p30
Reports on the vote made by the United States (US) House of Representatives on April 12, 1999 which deals with the issue of extending the solvency of Social Security and Medicare. Details on the motion of Representative John Spratt (D-SC); Reactions of different representatives on the motion of...
- State Department: Visa Process Now Can Weed Out Underwear Bomber. // AirGuide Online.com;3/15/2010, p1
The article reports that U.S. airlines officials testified before the U.S. House panel and assured that the security flaws in the visa-screening process have been largely corrected.