- BUSINESS briefs. // Home Textiles Today;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p14
Reports on news and developments concerning businesses in the United States, as of July 28, 2003. Improvement in the quarterly Measure of Business Confidence; Increase in job search times; Bullish attitude of builders of single-family homes.
- Companies add locations in Atlanta. // Material Handling Engineering;Jan98, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the opening of businesses in various locations in Atlanta, Georgia. Manhattan Associates' relocation of its headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia; Robocom Systems Inc.'s opening of an office in Atlanta, Georgia to provide technical support to its customers in the Southeast; Acculift...
- Rates up? No Problem. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/18/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 33, p32
Focuses on the financing options of junk rated companies in the U.S. Bond issuance of Dynergy Inc.; Shifting of the securities market.
- Optimism high in SME sector. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr98, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p53
Reports on the intention of businesses in Ireland to increase investment in staff training, plant and facilities, and in the advertising and promotion of products and services. Manifestation of confidence of the companies; Anticipated increase in profits.
- Reports and accounts. Saint, Oliver // Chartered Accountants Journal;Sep97, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p84
Details several developments concerning business enterprises of New Zealand. Cost reduction and restructuring in New Zealand listed companies; Concept of historical cost accounting; Readjustment of asset values.
- Quality programme. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p29
Presents an outline of a quality program designed to help New Zealand business enterprises reach international levels of performance. Background of the foundation; Coverage of the program.
- Casebook. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p71
Presents several legal cases concerning business enterprises in New Zealand. Includes non-assessable ruling of the rent subsidy received by Coopers & Lybrand; Costs award to Arthur Anderson sued by directors of Irdoss Computer Systems; Twice-yearly audit of Crown Casino.
- Casebook. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov97, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p76
Presents several legal cases involving different business enterprises in New Zealand. Liability of a lost investment; Negligence of an appraisal report; Personal guarantee within the accrual rules.
- Chart's Top Looks Familiar. Peacock, Wayne; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;1/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31295, p1
Focuses on the rankings of various U.S. business enterprises in the investment sector. Increase in market share of Salomon Smith Barney Inc; Ranking of Merrill Lynch in the category bonds market; Market share of the company Herrington & Sutcliffe in bond sales.
- MICHIGAN: Bay Joins McLaren. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31295, p31
Focuses on business enterprises in Michigan. Agreement between Bay Medical Center and McLaren Health Care; Downgrade of Bay Medical's underlying debt rating by ratings agency Moody's Investors Service; Losses accruing to Bay Medical Center in 2001.