Search for answers to juvenile crime
- Sites of trouble? Demistifying juvenile `high crime areas'. Hil, Richard; Zuchowski, Jacek // Youth Studies Australia;Winter1994, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p51
Describes the Youth and Community Combined Action (YACCA) program in Queensland, Australia for juvenile crime management and control. Assessment of social and economic factors behind the origins of juvenile crime; Assumptions in targeting young people deemed at risk in perceived high crime...
- Improving the balance between child development and juvenile punishment in a comprehensive... Howell, James C. // Politics & the Life Sciences;Mar97, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on Bryan Vila's analysis of crime prevention in the United States (U.S.), which identifies the need to improve child development and juvenile punishment programs. Benefits of these types of programs to the society; Indepth look at the economical aspects associated with child...
- County must attack the causes of juvenile crime. Boyd, Mike // Inside Tucson Business;9/02/96, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p5
Opinion. Discusses the need for Pima County, Arizona to address the rising juvenile crime rate by attacking its causes. Growing problem of the county with juvenile crime; Efforts taken to correct the notion of going easy on juvenile delinquents; Installation of the `Safe Streets' program; Need...
- Sheriff hopes to reach kids before trouble. // Inside Tucson Business;4/22/96, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p4
Editorial. Focuses on the efforts of Clarence Dupnik as sheriff of Pima County, Arizona, to prevent juvenile crimes. Improvement of social conditions of youth which were assumed to be the roots of delinquencies; Television violence.
- `Market' crime prevention to young people. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Summer1993, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the need to include young people in crime prevention programs, according to Neil Comrie in a Neighborhood Watch seminar in Melbourne, Victoria. Factors affecting the success of any crime prevention scheme; Statistics on crime committed by juveniles in Victoria.
- NATIVE NEWS EXCHANGE. // Eastern Door;1/28/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the importance of the anti-gang programs in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- JPSO'S GREAT program tells pre-teens about dangers of gang membership. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/17/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p45
Discusses the development of Gang Resistance and Training Program by Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in Louisiana to guide pre-teens and teenagers away from crime. Consequence of being in a gang; Decrease in the number of gangs operating in the parish; Role of detectives that were assigned in...
- Vigilante heaven. MoLoney, Anastasia // New Internationalist;Mar2005, Issue 376, p22
Reports on the social cleansing campaigns in major cities in South America. Aim to exterminate those people perceived as no longer useful or who display what is considered to be immoral behavior; Correlation between an increase in crime and more gang members in Honduras; Emergence of social...
- THE SCHOOL AND JUVENILE DELINQUENCY. Potter, Milton C. // Education Digest;May1941, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p17
This article focuses on ways used to prevent juvenile delinquency in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Milwaukee has long recognized the importance of cooperation among community agencies in the prevention of juvenile delinquency. The city has always believed in a strong positive program of prevention. It...