The issue of calcium absorption
- Eating or drinking calcium and iron together inhibits iron's absorption. // Modern Medicine;May95, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p40
Presents an abstract of the article `Iron Absorption from the Whole Diet: Comparison of the Effect of Two Different Distributions of Daily Calcium Intake,' by A. Gleerup, L. Rossander-Hulthen, et al published in the periodical `American Journal of Clinical Nutrition,' dated January 1995.
- Absorbed? // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jul94, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p35
Reports on calcium absorption in the body. Recommendation for ingesting smaller amounts of calcium; Calcium absorption during pregnancy.
- Rx: More calcium. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Aug94, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the need to increase the daily intake of calcium among Americans. Recommended daily allowance; Calcium deficiency; Recommendations.
- Bone mineral density and aortic calcification. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Advisor;06/23/97, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p5
Presents information from a study which shows that although both bone mineral density (BMD) and calcification of the aorta (AC) are found in the elderly women researched, they are not linked. Information on the independent correlates of AC; Findings of the study.
- Calcium--when more is less. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Mar94, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p21
Presents nutrients that interfere with calcium absorption in the body. Calcium's physiological effect; Tips for the consumption of calcium foods and supplements.
- Can serum isotope levels accurately measure intestinal calcium absorption compared to gold-standard methods? Vreede, Andrew P.; Jones, Andrea N.; Hansen, Karen E. // Nutrition Journal;Jul2015, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background: Low fractional calcium absorption (FCA) contributes to osteoporosis but is not measured clinically, as the gold-standard method requires administration of two calcium tracers and a subsequent 24-h urine collection. We evaluated alternate methods to measure FCA, compared to the gold...
- Coral Calcium. Percival, Mark // American Chiropractor;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on pitfalls to watch for when using coral calcium. Lead in coral calcium; Comparison of coral calcium and calcium carbonate; Absorption of coral calcium.
- Q&A. Bushkin, Gary // Better Nutrition;Jul2007, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p12
The article provides an answer to a question on absorption of calcium by the body.
- Calcium: Essential at All Ages. // American Medical Association Family Medical Guide;2004, p42
The article discusses the importance of calcium for bones and teeth.