Sand binder systems Part XIII--silicate CO2, silicate
- Finishing school. Ferris, Fred // American Printer;May96, Vol. 217 Issue 2, p54
Presents information on the need to train operators to take advantage of technological changes in bindery equipment. Reference to a training center that was opened by bindery manufacturer, Muller Martini; Training center's dedication to customer education; Courses offered at the facility;...
- Sand dollars. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/3/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the effectiveness of Rapid Foundry Tooling System developed with the help of USAF's Wright Laboratory Materials Directorate in generation of complex foundry sand casting patterns.
- Bonding Cyanoacrylates and Ultraviolet-Curing Adhesives. Goss, B. // Medical Device Technology;Sep2006, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p14
This guide to the correct adhesives to use for bonding medical plastics reviews recent technological advances and the benefits they offer. Material and design considerations are also examined.
- Tweaking Sand Process Leads to Startling Results. Alpern, Peter B. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jul2009, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p10
The article offers information on the innovative procedure in shell processes of manufacturing sand molds by Oberdorfer LLC in Syracuse, New York. According to the author, one problem with shell process, which is the common method employed by Oberdorfer, is the time needed to produce sand molds....
- AFS Technology Transfer. // International Journal of Metalcasting;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p70
The article offers information on technology transfer events of American Foundry Society (AFS) Inc. It mentions the Metalcasting Congresses in Columbus, Ohio on April 17-20, 2012 on the innovations in casting technology process. It states that the AFS Workshop on Melting Efficiency at AFS...
- `Catalytic triad' modified. // Nature;3/2/1995, Vol. 374 Issue 6517, p96
Reports on a new structure of an esterase from the potato scab-inducing bacterium Streptomyces scabies. Need to reassess the catalytic triad functions in enzymes; Structure of the chymotrypsin molecule; Homologies.
- A tough SiAION ceramic based on Alpha-Si3N4 with a whisker-like microstructure. Chen, I-Wei; Rosenflanz, Anatoly // Nature;10/16/1997, Vol. 389 Issue 6652, p701
Presents research which developed a synthesis of a tough Alpha-Si3N4 solid solution with a whisker-reinforced microstructure. Traits of silicon nitride (Si3N4) and its two forms, Alpha and Beta; Comparison of new Alpha-Si3N4 with Beta-Si3N4; Hardness as exceeded only by boron carbide and...
- Sand testing--key to quality metalcasting. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jul94, Vol. 122 Issue 7, p25
Provides an overview of selected sand testing techniques. Common problems in sand testing; Measurement of sand deformation; Equipment in sand testing; Significance of sand testing to quality metalcasting. INSETS: Controlling compactability.;Sand testing in an automotive foundry..
- Sand binder systems part XI--the phenolic urethane amine cold box system. Carey, Paul; Archibald, Jim // Foundry Management & Technology;Feb96, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p21
Part XI. Describes the phenolic urethane cold box (PUCB) process as a technique in sand binding and casting. Equipment used to produce cold box cores and molds; Catalyst gassing system; Gas input plenum and piping; Corebox tooling design; Guidelines for determining total blow tube area. ...