Immigration legislation hurts kids
- Chapter NINE: Reproducing the Nation. // Qualities of a Citizen;2005, p157
Chapter nine of book "Qualities of a Citizen" is presented. It discusses the citizenship status of children of immigrants to the U.S. from the 1920s through the 1930s. It highlights the role that the U.S. immigration legislation played in allowing immigrant mothers the right to pass on...
- THE LONG JOURNEY HOME: CUELLAR DE OSORIO v. MAYORKAS AND THE IMPORTANCE OF MEANINGFUL JUDICIAL REVIEW IN PROTECTING IMMIGRANT RIGHTS. BROWN, KAITLIN J. // Boston College Journal of Law & Social Justice;2014, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p1
In Cuellar de Osorio v. Mayorkas, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit extended the Child Status Protection Act's ("CSPA") protections to all children who age out during the extended process of obtaining a visa as a child derivative beneficiary. In so holding, the court overturned a...
- DREAM acts level playing field for children of immigrants. // NYSUT United;Mar2013, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p16
A summary is presented of the bill, the New York state Development, Relief and Education Act for Minors (DREAM), which focuses on giving legal status to children of immigrants who attend college or join the armed forces.
- U.S. Homeland Security secretary endorses DREAM Act. Persaud, Felicia // New York Amsterdam News;12/9/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 50, p14
The author reflects on the move of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to support the DREAM Act, which allows children of undocumented parents to be put on the path of citizenship in the U.S.
- No place for children. O'Keeffe, Alice // New Statesman;9/8/2008, Vol. 137 Issue 4913, p24
The article introduces the magazine's special section on the detention of children of illegal immigrants and cites a report on the subject by Sir Al Aynsley-Green.
- House Democrats ready to give immigration bill another shot. Allen, Jared; Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;3/25/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p4
The article reports that the U.S. House of Representatives is preparing for more debates over the issue of immigration legislation.
- Immigration Legislation. // Congressional Digest;Mar1986, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p69
Pending in the House is the Senate-passed Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1985. Discussion of the legislation includes controlling illegal entry; recent action in Congress; and a summary of the Senate-passed act.
- The Immigration Act Of 1989. // Congressional Digest;Oct89, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p225
Presents a general discussion of the immigration issue in the United States. Reforms; Conflicts.
- Amendments To S. 358, The Immigration Act Of 1989. // Congressional Digest;Oct89, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p232
Presents the amendments considered by the Senate to S.358, the immigration Act of 1989, as described in the Congressional Record.