Tax implications of executive reassignments and terminations
Tags: TAX deductions
- New formula for biz meals. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p24
Presents information on the formula by Christopher Smith, government representative involving federal tax deductions for business meal expenses. Detailed information on the formula; Proposed expectations of these deductions.
- Tepid tax cut. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;05/19/97, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p42
Opinion. Focuses on the economy of the United States, with emphasis on tax cuts. Impact of tax cuts on taxpayers; Details on the tax proposal by Californian Governor Pete Wilson.
- Deductions depend on your status. Block, Julian // Central New Jersey Business;2/22/95, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p21
Focuses on tax deductions in the United States. Filing status; Standard deduction; Special restrictions that decrease the deduction amount; Exemptions.
- Clinton attacked Republican spending cuts. Goodrich, Lawrence J.; MacLachlan, Suzanne L. // Christian Science Monitor;3/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 68, p2
Reports on the criticism of Republican tax cuts by President Bill Clinton. Gingrich's response.
- The new $1 million pay limit. Burns, Jonathan B.; Dwyer, Thomas R. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 14 Issue 83, p6
Discusses the one million dollar limit on deductible compensation received by executives in the tax reconciliation bill passed in August 1993. Application to cash and noncash compensation; Applicable employee remuneration (AER); Exclusions from AER; Requirements for the exclusion of stock...
- Compensation & recruitment. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 14 Issue 83, p26
Discusses ways for companies to cope with the one million deductibility limit set by President Bill Clinton's tax proposal. Non-conformity with the rules; Foregoing of tax advantages; Compliance on stock options; Cashing of tax breaks.
- Dueling tax cuts claim to aid `middle America.' Goodrich, Lawrence J. // Christian Science Monitor;6/19/97, Vol. 89 Issue 143, p3
Discusses the debate over which socio-ecomonic groups should reap the benefits of tax cuts in the United States. Reasons for the contention over the tax cut bill; Information on the tax cut proposals; Analysts' opinions on the issue. INSET: Basics of House and Senate tax plans..
- How to get a deduction for what someone else pays. Blackman, Irving // Contractor Magazine;Sep93, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p53
Gives advice on how to obtain tax deductions. Tax consequences of a property donation to charity; Charitable bailout; Property gifts subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax; Deductibility of business search expenses; Tax results of corporate acquisitions; Means of insuring deductibility in...
- Free tax deduction kit. // Contractor Magazine;Jan1998, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p58
Presents information on incurred income tax deductions by companies who donate overstock inventory to charity. Detailed information on the deductions.