The stone sentinels of New York's State Capitol
- Roman lioness in Scotland. Kasdan, Andrew // Archaeology;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p14
Looks at a Roman sculpture of a lioness in Scotland. Details on where the sculpture was found; Description on the sculpture; Information on what the lioness depicts.
- WHOOO GOES THERE? Hoang, Van // Albuquerque: The Magazine;Jun2010, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p236
The article provides an answer to a question on why the city officials of Albuquerque in New Mexico installed owl statues underneath the overpasses on Coal Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
- Birds in hand. Willis, Monica Michael // Country Living;Aug96, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p19
Features the Audubon Lifelike Birds. Emphasis on detail; Creation by artist M.L. Dahl; Prices.
- Thinking. // Highlights for Children;Aug96, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p7
Presents a picture and several questions about animal sculptures.
- GET TO KNOWâ€¦: OLD BEN. // Sea Magazine;Jan2012, Vol. 104 Issue 1, pCA:10
The article focuses on the statue of the Santa Catalina, California town mascot, which commemorates the friendly sea lion nicknamed Old Ben.
- Amazing Animals. Dart, Denny // Appleseeds;May2002, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p22
Provides instructions for the construction of animal sculptures. List of materials; Procedure for the bending of wires in a fish sculpture; Trace of the profile of a crow in stiff black paper.
- WILD ROAD TRIP. Bishop, Gerry // Ranger Rick;Jul2000, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p20
Describes the giant animal sculptures placed along the roadside in various parts of the United States to catch the attention of passersby.
- Dino-mate! // National Geographic World;Apr97, Issue 260, p30
Presents photographs of dinosaur sculptures created by Larry Wilson in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Weight of each sculpture; Procedures for creating sculptures. INSET: New Mexico..
- Golden Goose. Graham Jr., Frank // Audubon;May/Jun2000, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p16
Unveils the amount paid to a wooden goose carved by Elmer Cromwell during an auction at Sotheby's.