Assisting adult students on award-bearing courses--some key issues and strategies
Tags: ADULT education
- Inspectors to spend more time listening to learners. // Adults Learning;Sep2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p5
The article reports on the introduction of a revised Common Inspection Framework for the further education and skills sector in Great Britain.
- Waiving the rules helps Center educate high school dropouts. Kruglik, Marla // Curriculum Review;Dec93, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p20
Provides details on Mountain Education Center's free classes for adults who do not have high school diplomas. Teaching strategies.
- Some (Possibly Controversial) Suggestions for Teaching Adults. Cason, Roger L. // Financial Practice & Education;Spring/Summer93, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p61
Discusses some suggestions for teaching adults. Differences between adult education and traditional education of children and young adults; Important aspects of the learning situation in adult education; Importance of first impressions in adult education; Accommodation of different learning...
- Educating older adults in the Republic of China. Strom, Robert; Strom, Shirley // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Dec95, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p379
Looks at the educating of older adults in China. Influence of social policy; Information on performance of those in program; Reference made to `Grandparents Strengths and Needs Inventory,'; Effects; Recommendations.
- Training Organizations & Schools. // Las Vegas Business Press;7/28/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p14
Ranks leading training organizations in Las Vegas, Nevada according to the volume of enrollment in 2003. Community College of Southern Nevada; University of Nevada-Las Vegas; Soaring Eagle Enterprises Inc.
- Teaching summary writing to enhance comprehension. Casazza, M.E. // Reading Today;Feb/Mar92, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p26
Discusses a technique for adult learners based on integrating new text into the reader's knowledge base and constructing a logical relationship between new and previously learned information. Rules of summarizing; Teaching methods; Looking at outcomes.
- Educated students enroll in adult ed. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Jan97, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the enrollments in adult education in 1995 according to `Building a Nation of Learners 1996,' from the United States Department of Education. Goals of Education Dept.; Statistics; Availability and contact information.
- Beat The Street: An urban literacy program. Pearpoint, Jack; Forest, Marsha // Convergence;1990, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p71
Focuses on the Beat The Street adult education program in Canada. Founding of Beat The Street; Literacy on the streets; Student centered individualized learning; Beat The Street banquet; Symbol of the success of Beat The Street.
- The protest tradition in Nigerian adult education: An analysis of NEPU's emancipatory learning... Umar, Abdurrahman // Convergence;1993, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p19
Discusses the Northern Progressive Union's (NEPU) emancipatory education project from 1950-1966 and its impact to Nigerian adult education. NEPU's educational project and its assessment of achievements, failures and contemporary relevance; Nigerian education and the struggle for emancipation;...
- Unite and organize or wither and die: Challenges facing adult educators and trainers in the New... Samuels, Joseph // Convergence;1994, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p35
Argues that the major challenge facing adult education and training in South Africa is to develop a comprehensive education and training system that will serve the society. Development of ways to bring adult educators and trainers together; Need for advocacy; Importance of redressing imbalances...