The taxman cometh
- Is medicare risk contracting right for your organization? Inzina, Thomas // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb97, Vol. 51 Issue 2, HFMA Applied p3
Presents `Is Medicare Risk Contracting Right for Your Organization?', a session of Healthcare Financial Management Administration. Overview of the session; Best way on how to get your money worth out of a seminar. INSET: HFMA professional development..
- Firms see pressure, not profits. Scott, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;1/31/94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p38
Reports on the impact of healthcare reform on contract management industry. Decline in sales and profits; Reconsideration of outsourcing agreements by hospital executives; Shift of financial risk to management firms; Trends in different sectors; Financial results in ten firms.
- Outsourcing provides option to field your team of MCO pros. Ackerman, James // Health Management Technology;Aug96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p17
Discusses the advantages of outsourcing in managed-care organizations. Costs of building managed-care information systems; Reasons for outsourcing; Functions to outsource and keep in-house; Choosing an outsource vendor. INSETS: Seven reasons why you should outsource.;'Untitled'..
- CIOs use outsourcing to revamp systems. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;7/24/95, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p60
Focuses on health care chief information officers' outsourcing strategies for updating company computer systems. Conversion of the basic purpose of computer systems to clinical and wellness goals; Separation of strategic capabilities from routine transaction processing; Importance of money...
- Outsourcing's role varies per network. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;7/24/95, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p65
Discusses the effect on the roles of information professionals of outsourcing tasks for information systems of health care networks. Political and human-resources challenges; Consolidation of employees as a result of outsourcing; Health networks' moral obligation to their information systems...
- Study identifies key outsourcing best practices. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun98, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p21
Reveals the outsourcing practices of the healthcare industry in the United States based on a study conducted by VHA Inc. Growth forecast; Decision to outsource; Identification and selection of providers and vendors; Managing relationship and success measurement.
- Clinical contracting moves into managed care. Taylor, Kathryn S. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;12/20/93, Vol. 67 Issue 24, p32
Reports on clinical contracting in the United States. Clinical contracting's move into managed care; Advantages of clinical contracting; Effects of capitation on clinical contracting; Critics' fear of capitated payment; Managed care and President Bill Clinton's health care reform plan.
- NO, YOU DO IT! Solovy, Alden // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/20/96, Vol. 70 Issue 20, p40
Discusses the contracting or outsourcing of medical and other services by hospitals to other companies. Advantages of contracting out; Areas that hospitals need to contract the services of other companies; Growth opportunities for outsourcing firms. INSETS: Inside outsourcing (Todd...
- Adventures in outsourcing. Sandrick, Karen M. // Health Facilities Management;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the outsourcing and subcontracting of the services in the medical care industry in the United States. Overall facilities management budget; Extent of outsourcing.
- Outsourcing moves into new territory. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;01/13/97, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p39
Reports that a growing number of hospitals in the United States are cutting costs by hiring outsiders for a wide array of tasks. Comments from Daniel Neufelder, executive vice president of Memorial Hospital of South Bend, Indiana; Packaging of traditional outsourced services; What services are...