Sony, Nick are quits
- VH-1, Nick go to UK. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/5/93, Vol. 123 Issue 27, p17
Reports on plans by Viacom international to launch cable networks VH-1 and Nick at Nite and a version of Nickelodeon in the United Kingdom in 1994. Video network operations of VH-1 as a London-based service managed by MTV Europe; Nick at Nite as a joint venture with British Sky Broadcasting...
- Ownership change doesn't cut Lifetime's lifeline. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/4/94, Vol. 124 Issue 14, p6
Reports on cable network Lifetime Television's plans to retain its operations despite a change in ownership after Viacom International Inc. sold its interest in the network. Viacom's sale of the assets at Lifetime after its merger with Paramount Communications Inc.; Management changes at...
- Par channel preps British `ET'. Mallalieu, Ben // Hollywood Reporter;11/2/95, Vol. 339 Issue 34, p12
Reports on Viacom's Paramount Channel's plan to do a British version of the television program `Entertainment Tonight' in Great Britain. Ownership of Paramount Channel.
- CapCities/ABC, Hearst buy Par Lifetime stake. Flint, Joe // Variety;4/4/94, Vol. 354 Issue 9, p23
Focuses on Paramount Viacom International Inc.'s unloading of its stake in basic-cable network Lifetime to its partners CapitalCities/ABC and Hearst Corporation. Plans for Viacom's cable systems; Asking price; Debts of Viacom; Plans for television stations.
- Cable TV. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;2/13/95, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p9
Reports on developments in cable television. Includes Viacom's planned sale of its cable systems division; New sports magazine show launched by Home Box Office; International Family Entertainment's entry into Asia.
- Paramount sets U.K. channel. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;9/11/95, Vol. 360 Issue 6, p30
Reports that Viacom and its Nickelodeon team are joining forces with British Sky Broadcasting to launch a Paramount television channel in Great Britain. Use of the Astra satellite for the broadcast of the channel; Viacom as the majority shareholder; Source for the programming of the channel.
- Viacom plugs TV, film with Buncha Brady activities. // Brandweek;2/13/95, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p5
Reports on Nick at Night's Buncha Brady promotion featuring classic `The Brady Bunch' episodes, cartoons and retrospectives on Viacom-owned Nickelodeon. Promotion of `The Brady Bunch Movie'; Details of a contest.
- Addenda. // MediaWeek;11/7/94, Vol. 4 Issue 43, p4
Reports on developments in the television advertising industry in the United States as of November 7, 1994. ABC's ordering of 13 episodes of the game show `A Whole New Game'; Viacom Inc.'s talks with Smith broadcasting regarding the sale of its television stations; Scheduled launching of...
- Sony Wonder, Nickelodeon launch Nick Junior video. // New York Amsterdam News;7/22/95, Vol. 86 Issue 29, p26
Informs about the announcement made by Sony Wonder and Nickelodeon about the launch of Nick Jr. Video with the debut of three Parents Choice Award-winning shows. Information about the same.