Tags: AIDS (Disease)
- Rural Newfoundland no longer Canada's `AIDS capital.' Ryan, Beth // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;04/21/98, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p1005
Discusses the AIDS cases in the rural area in Newfoundland called Conception Bay North as of April 1998. When the Red Cross stopped collecting blood from local donors; The effectiveness of partner notification and contact tracing, according to Dr. Catherine Donovan, medical officer with the...
- AIDS in Africa: A personal experience. Rashid, Meb // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;04/21/98, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p1051
Discusses the author's experience of AIDS in Africa as a medical student. The case of a patient nicknamed Winnie and Tendai; Challenges the author faced; Technical challenges inherent in practicing at the Luisa Guidotti Hospital.
- CRIA RECRUITING FOR TRIALS. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Apr98, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p315
Reports on the recruitment of participants by the Community Research Initiative on AIDS (CRIA) for a variety of clinical trials. Identification of the trials; Information on a study to examine the effects of protease inhibitor; Contact information for persons interested in the trials.
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic infections in AIDS: Part one. Keaveny, Andrew P.; Karasik, Michael S. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;May98, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p347
Focuses on the hepatobiliary and pancreatic infections associated with the acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). Features of hepatobillary infections; Details on viral infections of the liver; When biliary tract infections are usually seen in AIDS; Aspects of hepatobiliary and pancreatic...
- Understanding AIDS. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p113
Provides information about AIDS. Ways that children and adults can contract the disease; Ways to avoid getting the disease; Other details including the search for a cure.
- Understanding AIDS. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p111
Discusses the disease known as Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). What the disease is; How children get AIDS; How adults get AIDS; Ways in which children and adults do not get AIDS; Whether there is a cure for the disease.
- AIDS, unexplained fever and value of bone marrow biopsy. Apgar, Barbara // American Family Physician;03/01/98, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p1122
Presents information on a study concerning acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, fever and bone marrow biopsy, which can be found in Arch Intern Med 1997 by N Benito, et al.
- Head and neck manifestations of AIDS in adults. Moazzez, Amir H.; Alvi, Aijaz // American Family Physician;04/15/98, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p1813
Presents information on head and neck manifestations of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) patients. Identification of otologic manifestations; Insight on nasal and oral manifestations of AIDS; Details on treatment for the manifestations.
- The price of sex. Huband, M. // Africa Report;Nov/Dec91, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p69
Focuses on Abidjan, seen as the center of the AIDS epidemic in West Africa, mainly because it is a regional business hub and major port which attracts many visitors who patronize the city's busy red light districts. The estimated infection rate among prostitutes; The ineffective educational...
- AIDS conference held in Senegal. // Africa Report;Jan/Feb92, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the Sixth International Conference on AIDS in Africa, held in Dakar, Senegal, December 1991. Comments from Michael H. Merson, director of the World Health Organization's (WHO) Global Program on AIDS; Statistics on AIDS in Africa for the next decade; Changing human sexual behavior as...