Bullies and victims
- How to Deal with BULLIES. Globus, Sheila // Current Health 1;Sep2001, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p6
Suggests ways to deal with bullies in schools.
- Smart ways to handle kids who pick on others. Kreidler, William J. // Instructor-Intermediate;Sep96, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p70
Presents activities and strategies in helping the bullies and the kids they target, to change their behavior. Insights on the habits of bullies; Extending help for the bullied child; Information on children's books about bullying.
- Banish the bullies! Shaffer, Jeffery // Christian Science Monitor;7/13/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 160, p11
Comments on bullies and bullying in schools in the United States, and the view that the best solution to prevent bullying is to remove bullies from schools.
- Bullies. Lister, Pamela // Redbook;Nov95, Vol. 186 Issue 1, p116
Offers advice on how to protect children from bullying. Importance of counseling to curb child peer abuse; Intervention of teachers; Percentage of children who are victims of bullying; Escalation of child peer abuse in the third grade; Influence of television, music and music on children;...
- what's a bully? Rinaldo, Denise // Scholastic Choices;Oct2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p12
Your're a bully if you repeatedly hurt another person who has less power than you do. You may have the power because you're older, more popular, or stronger. A victim of bullying tells his story while a former bully apologizes
- how to handle bullies. // Scholastic Choices;Oct2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p15
Gives advice on how to address the problem of bullying, including the idea that it takes more than one person to stop bullying, and that bystanders are important in helping to stop the practice.
- bully BUZZ WORDS. Hertel, Paul // Scholastic Choices;Oct2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p16
Gives a number of statements about bullies and asks readers to fill in blanks in the statements.
- Bullies. // Christian Science Monitor;4/17/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 99, p23
Focuses on bullies in schools, in response to the Santana High School shooting in Santee, California.
- The victimised student's dilemma TO TELL OR NOT TO TELL. Rigby, Ken; Barnes, Alan // Youth Studies Australia;Sep2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p33
Focuses on a study which examined the telling behavior of students victimized by bullies. Effectiveness of telling in overcoming problems related to bullying; Significance of the person in whom the child disclosed the bullying episode; Discussion. INSET: XTRA.