Heap of hats
- Are You Really a Nebraskan? Welsch, Roger // Nebraska Life;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p35
The article presents a quiz to test whether one is authentically Nebraskan.
- Ban it anyway. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/15/93, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p31
States the Canadian government began steps to prevent an American board game from crossing the border. The game Serial Killer; Problems the Washington company is having finding a distributor.
- `The dozens'. // BLACFAX;Spring90, Vol. 5 Issue 20, p6
Cites the etiology of the game called `the dozens' played by African-American boys in Alabama. Author's recollections of the game; Explanation given by `The Black Book' on the game's origin.
- The Art of Play. Leyshon, Glynn A. // Beaver;Aug/Sep99, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p32
Describes games played by children in Canada during the Great Depression in the decade beginning 1930. Rules of games; Description of the game Relievo; Homemade toys.
- Chess with new dazzle, do-it-yourself robots. // Boys' Life;Aug89, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p14
Describes new computer games and robot toys.
- Hey, sports fans! It's spring ball. Asa, W. // Boys' Life;Jan1990, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p54
Explains how to build a spring ball, a basketball game that can be played anytime, anywhere, with a number of players. Materials needed; How to play.
- Wild 'n' wacky games. Halter, J.C. // Boys' Life;Aug90, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p46
Describes some wild and wacky events that can be included in the scout program of sports. Collective blanket ball; Human ladder; Everybody up; Advice on the sports outing which is the highlight of the sports program month.
- Great games. Csatari, J. // Boys' Life;Oct90, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p28
Offers a look at some favorite family board games for kids. Trivial Pursuit for Juniors; Scattergories Junior; Motor Mouth. INSET: What makes a good game..
- But aces are better. Severn, B. // Boys' Life;Oct90, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p6
Explains how to perform a playing card magic trick. What you need; The secret; What you do.
- The almost impossible aces. Severn, B. // Boys' Life;Apr91, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p6
Explains how to perform a magic card trick. What you need; The secret; Variations.