- UPS establishes its own airline to simplify.. Fotos, C.P. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/3/88, Vol. 129 Issue 14, p108
Reports that United Parcel Service is rushing to finish aircrew training and hub expansion in Louisville, Kentucky, in time for the peak package traffic time before Christmas. UPS delivered an average of 400000 overnight packages daily in 1987, 1.2 million daily just before Christmas. ...
- It's no longer easy to push your workforce around. // Crain's Chicago Business;08/25/97, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p12
Opinion. Looks at the reactions to the agreement between the Teamsters and United Parcel Service (UPS). Information on the fears expressed by company owners; How the UPS situation has impacted on how persons view employees.
- UPS Teamster's strike eating into local businesses' profit margin. Truong, Tommy R. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;08/18/97, Issue 322187, p3
Reports on the impact of the strike of United Parcel Service (UPS) representatives and Teamsters on local businesses in California. Need for UPS customers to either wait for postponed UPS deliveries or use alternative shipping methods to retrieve their freight; Carrier Federal Express'...
- UPS tempers 1996 general rate increase. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;May96, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p38
Reports that the United Parcel Service (UPS) demonstrated restraint by publishing their 1996 rate increase. Information on the rate hike from UPS on February 3rd 1996; How percentage increases are continuously applied on the shortest hauls; Statistical data provided to support findings.
- Small package rates up. Bohman, Ray // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Mar1998, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the increase rates of the nations largest package carrier, United Parcels Service (UPS). When UPS raised its rates; Identification on the areas rates were raised; Details on UPS's main competitors.
- Pact signed at UPS. Cimini, M.H.; Behrmann, S.L. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar92, Vol. 115 Issue 3, p40
Presents highlights of the four-year collective bargaining agreement between the Independent Pilots Association and United Parcel Service (UPS). How the union replaced the Teamsters as bargaining agent; Increases in annual pay and the number of steps in the wage progression; Other terms.
- UPS teams up. // Overdrive;Jan98, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p115
Focuses on United Parcel Service's (UPS) plan to use sleeper teams starting February 1998. Concession made by the Teamsters union; Part of UPS' effort to join Federal Express in head-to-head competition with truckload carriers.
- Express yourself to Mexico for a weekend. // Consumer Reports Travel Letter;June97, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p121
Presents information on United Parcel Service (UPS), as it will be converting some of its cargo planes into passengers service on weekends. Price ranges for various packages offered; Contact information.
- UPS plans discounts on heavy shipments. // Traffic World;9/6/93, Vol. 235 Issue 10, p22
Reports on United Parcel Services Inc.'s discounting program in conjunction with its `Hundredweight' service. Inclusion of a weight-break pricing for inbound and outbound ground shipments over 500 pounds; UPS Hundredweight as a business-to-business, volume-discount program offering discounts to...