Confused about cholesterol? Here's what you need to know
- when you want to raise your cholesterol. // Shape;Dec2008, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p80
This article reports that a study published in "Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology" magazine found that women with low levels of high-density lipoproteins (HDL) were 27 percent more likely to perform poorly on a memory test than women with higher levels. It is noted that medical...
- High density lipoprotein-cholesterol changes in children with high cholesterol levels at birth. Bastida, Sara; S � nchez-Muniz, Francisco J.; Cuena, Rafael; Perea, Sagrario; Aragon � s, Angel // European Journal of Pediatrics;2002, Vol. 161 Issue 2, p94
Compares children who have high total cholesterol (TC) levels at birth with four-year old children who have a normal lipoprotein profile at birth. Correlation between TC, low density lipoprotein-cholesterol, high density lipoprotein-cholesterol and apolipoprotein levels at age four and at birth;...
- Drugs that change cholesterol levels. // Consumer Reports on Health;Sep2004, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p7
Lists several drugs that change low density lipoprotein and high density lipoprotein cholesterol level in the U.S.
- ON THE LEVEL. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb2001, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p32
Provides information on cholesterol. Best cholesterol level range; Explanation on high-density lipoproteins and low-density lipoproteins; Factors which cause high cholesterol.
- Ways to Raise Good Cholesterol. // Saturday Evening Post;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 278 Issue 1, p57
This article presents ways to raise good cholesterol. Increasing good HDL cholesterol is as important to heart health as trying to lower bad LDL cholesterol that can slowly build up in key arteries. Cardiology professors at Johns Hopkins offered lifestyle strategies to boost HDL. Other drug...
- On cholesterol watch. // Marines;Oct98, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p30
Discusses information about cholesterol. Explanations on low density lipoprotein (LDL) and high density lipoprotein (HDL); Sources of cholesterol.
- Taking Three To Heart: Know The Cholesterol Three. // Tennessee Tribune;10/28/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p11B
The article offers tips on how to raise the high-density lipoprotein levels (HDL) and decrease the adverse effects of the low-density lipoprotein (LDL).
- Cholesterol Quiz. Zipes, Douglas P. // Saturday Evening Post;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 283 Issue 2, p78
The article discusses cholesterol, and covers topics such as cholesterol's production in the liver, cell health in the body, and the difference between low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and high-density lipoprotein.
- Heart disease: How to lower your risk. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Oct95, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p1
Presents information on how to lower the risk of having a heart disease. Global statistics on heart disease; Role of cholesterol and lipids on heart attacks; Contrasting the low density lipoproteins (LDL) from the high density lipoproteins (HDL); Safe amount of triglycerides; Age and genetic...