Rupture of the uterus: A review of 32 cases in a general hospital in Zambia
- Risk of Uterine Rupture during Labor among Women with a Prior Cesarean Delivery. Lydon-Rochelle, Mona; Holt, Victoria L.; Easterling, Thomas R.; Martin, Diane P. // New England Journal of Medicine;7/5/2001, Vol. 345 Issue 1, p3
Background: Each year in the United States, approximately 60 percent of women with a prior cesarean delivery who become pregnant again attempt labor. Concern persists that a trial of labor may increase the risk of uterine rupture, an uncommon but serious obstetrical complication. Methods: We...
- Systematic review of the incidence and consequences of uterine rupture in women with previous caesarean section. Guise, Jeanne-Marie; McDonagh, Marian S.; Osterweil, Patricia; Nygren, Peggy; Chan, Benjamin K. S.; Helfand, Mark // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/3/2004, Vol. 329 Issue 7456, p19
Objective To evaluate the incidence and consequences of uterine rupture in women who have had a delivery by caesarean section. Design Systematic review. Data sources Medline, HealthSTAR, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Cochrane Controlled Trials Register, National Center for Reviews...
- hysterorrhexis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1145
A definition of the term "hysterorrhexis," which refers to the rupture of the uterus, especially when pregnant, is presented.
- metrorrhexis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1459
A definition of the medical term "metrorrhexis," which refers to rupture of the uterus, is presented.
- Spontaneous Rupture of Uterus in Midtrimester Pregnancy Due to Increased Uterine Pressure with Previous Laparoscopic Myomectomy. Kiseli, Mine; Artas, Hakan; Armagan, Figen; Dogan, Zeynep // International Journal of Fertility & Sterility;
Uterine rupture is a life threatening condition for both the mother and her fetus. It may be seen in the second trimester usually after induction for pregnancy termination in a scarred uterus. Spontaneous rupture in the second trimester before labor is a very rare condition. Here, we report a...
- Uterine Rupture with Vaginal Delivery After C-Section. Zepf, Bill // American Family Physician;2/15/2002, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p678
Focuses on uterine rupture with vaginal delivery after cesarean delivery. Increase in cesarean delivery rates in the U.S.; Risks for uterine rupture; Discussion on the occurrence of uterine rupture.
- Mifepristone/misoprostol/oxytocin. // Reactions Weekly;11/19/2011, Issue 1378, p25
The article describes three cases of uterine rupture which developed while patients were undergoing second trimester abortion using mifepristone and misoprostol, with or without oxytocin.
- PLoS Medicine: Uterine rupture is rare in the UK but increases with the number of previous cesarean deliveries. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/21/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article presents information on the risk of rupture of the wall of the uterus when a woman has already undergone a cesarean section.
- Rupture Of A Scarred Uterus Without Involvement Of The Previous Lower Segment Uterine Scar: A Case Re. NKWABONG, E.; BECHEM, E.; NANA, P. N. // Internet Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics;2013, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p1
Uterine rupture is an obstetrical emergency with high maternal and perinatal morbidities and mortalities. Uterine scar is usually thought to be the weakest point on a uterus. Therefore, when a ruptured scarred uterus is suspected, the general tendency is to explore the lower segment and...