Rupture of the uterus: A review of 32 cases in a general hospital in Zambia
- Risk of Uterine Rupture during Labor among Women with a Prior Cesarean Delivery. Lydon-Rochelle, Mona; Holt, Victoria L.; Easterling, Thomas R.; Martin, Diane P. // New England Journal of Medicine;7/5/2001, Vol. 345 Issue 1, p3
Background: Each year in the United States, approximately 60 percent of women with a prior cesarean delivery who become pregnant again attempt labor. Concern persists that a trial of labor may increase the risk of uterine rupture, an uncommon but serious obstetrical complication. Methods: We...
- Systematic review of the incidence and consequences of uterine rupture in women with previous caesarean section. Guise, Jeanne-Marie; McDonagh, Marian S.; Osterweil, Patricia; Nygren, Peggy; Chan, Benjamin K. S.; Helfand, Mark // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/3/2004, Vol. 329 Issue 7456, p19
Objective To evaluate the incidence and consequences of uterine rupture in women who have had a delivery by caesarean section. Design Systematic review. Data sources Medline, HealthSTAR, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Cochrane Controlled Trials Register, National Center for Reviews...
- hysterorrhexis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1145
A definition of the term "hysterorrhexis," which refers to the rupture of the uterus, especially when pregnant, is presented.
- metrorrhexis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1459
A definition of the medical term "metrorrhexis," which refers to rupture of the uterus, is presented.
- Spontaneous Rupture of Uterus in Midtrimester Pregnancy Due to Increased Uterine Pressure with Previous Laparoscopic Myomectomy. Kiseli, Mine; Artas, Hakan; Armagan, Figen; Dogan, Zeynep // International Journal of Fertility & Sterility;
Uterine rupture is a life threatening condition for both the mother and her fetus. It may be seen in the second trimester usually after induction for pregnancy termination in a scarred uterus. Spontaneous rupture in the second trimester before labor is a very rare condition. Here, we report a...
- Uterine Rupture with Vaginal Delivery After C-Section. Zepf, Bill // American Family Physician;2/15/2002, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p678
Focuses on uterine rupture with vaginal delivery after cesarean delivery. Increase in cesarean delivery rates in the U.S.; Risks for uterine rupture; Discussion on the occurrence of uterine rupture.
- Rupture Of A Scarred Uterus Without Involvement Of The Previous Lower Segment Uterine Scar: A Case Re. NKWABONG, E.; BECHEM, E.; NANA, P. N. // Internet Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics;2013, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p1
Uterine rupture is an obstetrical emergency with high maternal and perinatal morbidities and mortalities. Uterine scar is usually thought to be the weakest point on a uterus. Therefore, when a ruptured scarred uterus is suspected, the general tendency is to explore the lower segment and...
- Uterine Rupture: What Family Physicians Need to Know. Toppenberg, Kevin S.; Block Jr., William A. // American Family Physician;9/1/2002, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p823
Focuses on an important complication of vaginal birth after cesarean section (VBAC) which is uterine rupture and encourages family physicians to maintain vigilance as VBAC is more widely implemented. Incidence; Conditions associated with uterine rupture; Presenting manifestations of uterine...
- CORRESPONDENCE. Ring, P.A.; Belcher, J.R.; Caplin, Maxwell; Doran, F.S.A.; Gianotti, Ferdinando; Dyer, N.H.; Varley, Charles C.; Alevizos, Basil; Vassildpoulos, Demetris; Spengos, Michel; Stefanis, Costas; Drummond, Alexander; Hewish, Paul; Tchertkoff, Victor; Salomon, I.; Garret, Rudolph; Lane, R.H.S.; Rollin, H.R. // British Medical Journal;5/24/1975, Vol. 2 Issue 5968, p442
Comments on various issues related to medicine as of May 1975. Risks and uses of total hip replacement; Effect of the removal of aldosterone-producing adenomas; Details on the rupture of uterus during labor.