- A perspective on economic policy during an election year. Kelly, Thomas M. // Baylor Business Review;Spring1992, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the status of the United States economy as the nation prepares to go to the polls in November 1992. Consumer indebtedness; Federal deficit; Need for investment; Corporate restructuring and reorganization; Undercapitalized banking system; Standard of living; Recommendations for...
- The statistics corner: National income accounting guidelines. Duncan, Joseph W. // Business Economics;Apr94, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p60
Examines the `System of National Accounts--1993' publication's impact on economic statistics. Organizations agreeing on terms in the field of national income measurement; Features of the revised publication; Key attributes; Organization of the report; Changes from the 1968 report.
- United States. // Bank of Canada Review;Summer96, p6
Focuses on economic activity in the United States for the first quarter of 1996, which expanded at an annual rate of 2.2 percent, compared with 0.5 percent in the previous year. Statistics for consumption and imports; Examination of the export market; Analysis of economic indicators.
- The economy in perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct95, p1
Focuses on American economic conditions as of October, 1995. Possible confrontation over fiscal policy of the political leadership; Danger of default on the nation's maturing debt; Increase in funding costs; Compounding of the fiscal problem with an inflation problem.
- Economic activity. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct95, p8
Reports on the economic performance of the United States as of the second quarter of 1995. Real gross domestic product; Real consumer spending; Housing starts and new home sales; Nondefense capital goods shipments.
- The economy in perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);May96, p1
Presents a perspective of the American economy as of May 1996 using an analogous story of a couple whose obsession with managing their son's growth and development has actually stifled his moral development.
- The economy in perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep96, p1
Discusses the performance of the United States economy for August 1996. Features of the Federal Reserve's Open Market Committee's meeting on September 24, 1996; Jobs created for August 1996; Inflation rate in the country.
- The economy in perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb98, p1
Reports on the economy of the United States as of the fourth quarter of 1997. Increment of 1.7 percent on the Consumer Price Index last 1997; Weakening of the forces that have boosted economic productivity; Effect of the productivity performance in the general level of output prices.
- Industrial production and capacity utilization for February 1996. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Apr96, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p312
Reports that there was a rise in industrial production in the United States in February 1996 after a recorded drop in January of the same year. Difference between the level of total output in February 1996 and December 1995; Recorded rise in capacity utilization in the United States; What this...