Whole life dividend survey: Featuring updated and non-updated policies
- Compensating Policyholders. Vader, Richard A.; Clark, Alexander M. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;May99, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p62
Points out that transferable rights can be a useful element for insurance companies in a mutual-to-stock conversion. Approaches to policyholder compensation; Benefits of pre-emptive, transferable-rights offerings; Account of nontransferable-subscription-right conversion laws.
- Whole life dividend histories. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jun97, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p26
Examines the dividend histories of whole life insurance companies in the United States. Includes State Farm Life; National Life of Vermont; Northwestern Mutual Life.
- 20-year dividend footnotes. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jun97, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p37
Looks at the 20-year dividend histories of whole life insurance companies in the United States. Includes Ameritas Life; General American Life; Manulife Financial.
- Why Investec had to put up R500m. Basson, Deon // Finance Week;02/02/2001, p49
Reports on the takeover of South African insurance firms Fedsure Life, Norwich Life and Fedsure's financial services units by Investec. Total Investec investments in Fedsure; Examination of the bonuses provided by Norwich Life to its policyholders; Financial impact of the bonuses on Norwich...
- Going to study abroad? How to get the right insurance. // Money Today;Jul2012, p15
The article offers guidelines on buying the right insurance when studying abroad. It notes that the sum insured and the type of insurance required for international students vary. While in Great Britain, international students may consider insurance for covering their belongings to make their...
- Unnatural Disaster. Gorski, Dennis // Best's Review;Mar2008, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p56
The article focuses on the risk-disclosure policy that requires insurers to lay out strategies to remain solvent under calamitous conditions. The idea makes sure that insurers take the new risk modeling into account. There is a need for insurance company to understand the problem and come to...
- Mutual life insurers earning dividend scales. Townsend, Frederick S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/17/97, Vol. 101 Issue 46, p4
Asserts that mutual life insurers in the United States with huge amount of invested assets earned their policyholder dividend scale in each year from 1992 to 1996, aided by reductions in dividend scales to offset falling interest rates. Operating losses of two mutual life insurance companies in...
- Rates Are Just One Piece of the Workers' Comp Puzzle. Collier, Joan // Florida Underwriter;2010, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p6
The article offers insights on two workers' compensation insurance providers in Florida, Florida United Businesses Association (FUBA) and Summit. It states that FUBA, which is marketed as FUBA Workers' Comp, provides coverage for various businesses and currently has over 4,000 policyholders. It...
- Sorting Out the Good New From The Bad News-How To Respond To Reservation Of Rights Letters/... Anderson, Eugene R.; Pasculli, Leonard P. // Insurance Advocate;11/29/97, Vol. 108 Issue 47, p22
Focuses on reservation of rights letters received by policyholders from their liability insurance companies. Reactions of policyholders to reservation of rights letters; Why insurance companies send reservation of rights letters; Cooperation sought by insurance companies from their...