The Gonzalez family is back
- This week in CB history. Duperray, Martha Dreyer // Caribbean Business;6/4/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p17
The article offers news briefs related to industries in Puerto Rico. It is suggested to increase the 4,500 direct employment of the shoe industry by as much as one-third in 2009. Meanwhile, 26% of the stock of GonzÃ¡lez PadÃn & Co. has been purchased by the GonzÃ¡lez family after many...
- Longtime friends, employees bid farewell. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;1/18/96, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p31
Presents the comments of Gonzalez Padin and Co.'s employees and suppliers on the closing of the department store chain. Company's liquidation sale.
- Gonzalez Padin's enduring social legacy. Jubilee, Vincent // Caribbean Business;11/23/95, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p48
Reflects on the success in retail trade of the Gonzalez Padin & Co. with its chain of stores in Puerto Rico. Devoting of personal time and efforts to public relations and to promotional events; People behind the Gonzalez Padin name; Leaving a record to remember; Holding on to the importance of...
- Gonzalez Padin closing: What caused it? Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;1/18/96, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p28
Reports on the closing of Gonzalez Padin and Company. Factors contributing the department store chain's demise; Company's trendsetting reputation; Impact of the company's Unicuenta credit card portfolio to Banco Popular; Company's expansion efforts; Competition in the retail business.
- Strategy for profit and efficiency. Jubilee, Vincent // Caribbean Business;5/5/94, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p30
Describes the business strategy of three-time Top 10 Business Leaders of Puerto Rico awardee Ricardo Gonzalez, also the president and chief executive officer of Gonzalez Padin & Company. Views on profitability and efficiency; Management operations of retail specialty stores.
- Almacenes Pitusa and Gonzalez Padin rank in the top 30. Gandia, Zoe // Caribbean Business;11/11/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 45, The Caribbean Business pS10
Features Puerto Rican discount and department stores, Almacenes Pitusa and Gonzalez Padin. Ranking in the Caribbean Business Top 200 locally owned businesses; Gross sales for 1992; Need to respond to the changes affecting the industry.
- Gonzalez Padin owners throw in the towel. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;1995 Book of Lists, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p9
Reports on the likely liquidation of retail chain Gonzalez Padin in Puerto Rico. Financial problems of the retail chain; Opinion of Ricardo Gonzalez regarding the liquidation; Opinion of industry experts about the company.
- Dillard's buys Gonzalez Padin in Puerto Rico. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/14/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the plans of Dillard Department Stores Inc. to enter Puerto Rico by purchasing the San Juan-based Gonzalez Padin Co. department store chain. Deal's contingency on government approvals and satisfaction of other conditions; Background information on Gonzalez Padin; Dillard's agreement...
- Dillard: Talks for Puerto Rico chain ended. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/18/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 53, p35
Reports on Dillard Department Stores Inc.'s inability to reach a final agreement for the acquisition of Puerto Rican retailer Gonzalez Padin Co. Inc. Cessation of negotiations; Background information on Gonzalez Padin.