The Gonzalez family is back
- This week in CB history. Duperray, Martha Dreyer // Caribbean Business;6/4/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p17
The article offers news briefs related to industries in Puerto Rico. It is suggested to increase the 4,500 direct employment of the shoe industry by as much as one-third in 2009. Meanwhile, 26% of the stock of Gonzï¿½lez Padï¿½n & Co. has been purchased by the Gonzï¿½lez family after...
- Longtime friends, employees bid farewell. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;1/18/96, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p31
Presents the comments of Gonzalez Padin and Co.'s employees and suppliers on the closing of the department store chain. Company's liquidation sale.
- Gonzalez Padin's enduring social legacy. Jubilee, Vincent // Caribbean Business;11/23/95, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p48
Reflects on the success in retail trade of the Gonzalez Padin & Co. with its chain of stores in Puerto Rico. Devoting of personal time and efforts to public relations and to promotional events; People behind the Gonzalez Padin name; Leaving a record to remember; Holding on to the importance of...
- Gonzalez Padin closing: What caused it? Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;1/18/96, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p28
Reports on the closing of Gonzalez Padin and Company. Factors contributing the department store chain's demise; Company's trendsetting reputation; Impact of the company's Unicuenta credit card portfolio to Banco Popular; Company's expansion efforts; Competition in the retail business.
- Strategy for profit and efficiency. Jubilee, Vincent // Caribbean Business;5/5/94, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p30
Describes the business strategy of three-time Top 10 Business Leaders of Puerto Rico awardee Ricardo Gonzalez, also the president and chief executive officer of Gonzalez Padin & Company. Views on profitability and efficiency; Management operations of retail specialty stores.
- Gonzalez Padin brings joy to the world with ornaments. // Caribbean Business;12/22/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p34
Features the lights and ornaments designed by Gonzales Padin as Puerto Rico's entry in the 1994 Christmas Pageant of Peace in Washington, D.C. on December 7, 1994. Celebration of the 70-year-old tradition of lighting the national Christmas tree; Ornaments as conceptual designs symbolizing the...
- Credit card is key in Gonzalez Padin sale. Trinidad, Pablo J. // Caribbean Business;8/3/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p8
Reports on Dillard's Department Stores Inc.'s planned acquisition of the Puerto Rico-based Gonzalez Padin & Co. Dillard's agreement to purchase the total stocks of Gonzalez Padin & Co.; Dillard's purchase dependent on Padin management's ability to re-purchase its credit card operation, now in...
- Almacenes Pitusa and Gonzalez Padin rank in the top 30. Gandia, Zoe // Caribbean Business;11/11/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 45, The Caribbean Business pS10
Features Puerto Rican discount and department stores, Almacenes Pitusa and Gonzalez Padin. Ranking in the Caribbean Business Top 200 locally owned businesses; Gross sales for 1992; Need to respond to the changes affecting the industry.
- Gonzalez Padin owners throw in the towel. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;1995 Book of Lists, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p9
Reports on the likely liquidation of retail chain Gonzalez Padin in Puerto Rico. Financial problems of the retail chain; Opinion of Ricardo Gonzalez regarding the liquidation; Opinion of industry experts about the company.