ERGONOMICALLY SAFER AND MORE EFFICIENT: FOOD PREP STATIONS
- Enhance operational efficiencies with improved ergonomics. Frable Jr., Foster // Nation's Restaurant News;8/19/96, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p92
Reports on trends in food service operations. Development of foodservice planning and engineering into a discipline; Equipment manufacturers and planners' focus on human factors engineering and workplace ergonomics; Application of the ergonomics concept on elementary-school food serving counters.
- L'Î›uberge Chez FranÃ§ois. // Washingtonian Magazine;Jan2007, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p96
The article features the L'Î›uberge Chez FranÃ§ois restaurant in the U.S. The architectural design of the restaurant is described. Among the dishes served at the restaurant are veal scallopine and lobster with Sauternes-scented beurre blanc. Although foods are expensive, each meal is...
- STK. // New York;10/2/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 34, p59
The article features the STK, a steakhouse restaurant located in New York City. The design of the restaurant is more lavender than dark-wooded men's club. The lighting takes inspiration from Robert Wilson. The steak comes in small, medium, and large sizes. Some steakhouse traditions are...
- Mobile Hospitality. // Frame;Nov/Dec2013, Issue 95, p85
The article focuses on the Mobile Hospitality which consists of a kitchen, table and ten folding stools which can be transported around the city in wheelbarrows, designed by designer duo chmara.rosinke and views of designer Maciej Chmara, on the same.
- SFM: A History. // FoodService Director;9/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p14
Provides a historical background of the Society for Foodservice Management founded in Chicago, Illinois in 1979. Founders of the association; Changes in foods offered by the organization; Description of the facility design.
- Group dynamics. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;5/28/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p19
The article presents information on the growing popularity of shared eating spaces in both urban bistros and suburban restaurant chains. According to operators, shared operating spaces creates more welcoming environments and thus help to build community, loyalty and sales. Some of the chains...
- Local Flavor. Aronovich, Hanna // Food & Drink;May/Jun2006, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p98
The article deals with the efforts of Arrow Neighborhood Pub Group to adopt the Canadian food service culture into its restaurant in Ontario. The restaurant assessed the trends in the pubs and other diners in the state. Hence, it based the improvements in its interior design on the culture of...
- Sum and substance. Long, Rachel // Hospitality Design;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p98
This article focuses on the Miss Yip Chinese CafÃ© in Miami, owners Jennie Yip and Amir Ben-Zion who also co-own Town house Hotel in Miami and APT Lounge in New York City, deftly mix retail with the restaurant experience, serving up authentic fare from an exposed dim-sum counter and selling...
- La dolce vita. Gregg, Daniela // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);10/11/2004, Vol. 56 Issue 41, p78
Deals with a tour in restaurants that offered Italian food in New South Wales. Design of the Table Guesthouse restaurant; Qualities of foods served at Lazzarini's Italian Ristorante; Wines offered at the restaurants.