FOR ENDLESS MENU POSSIBILITIES: ROOT VEGGIES
- Recipes. // Victoria;Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p103
Presents recipes of desserts using different vegetables served at the Le Grand Vefour Restaurant in Paris, France. Includes Streusel-Topped Apple Pie; Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie; Red Pepper Sorbet.
- Egg ideas. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan99, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p78
Provides several recipes in making vegetable desserts. Includes recipe for making potato-onion nests with creamed spinach and eggs; Method for preparing vegetable Torte; Directions for making spinach salad with grapes and spiced pecans.
- Chefs unwrap sizzling summer menus. Parseghian, Pamela // Nation's Restaurant News;4/24/95, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p27
Reports on menus consisting of vegetables and fruit desserts that chefs are preparing for summer. Three-Tomato Soup; Potato-Wrapped Cannelloni; Cherry Napoleon with Kirschwasser Cream; Moroccan Terrine of Salmon with Goat cheese; Warmed Fraise des Bois.
- The greening of America: Menus experience a warming trend toward spring vegetables. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;04/03/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p47
Reports on the trend of using more spring vegetables in restaurants' menus. Use of pea shoots to lighten menus in Florida; Cascadian chef Kerry Sear's use of fiddleheads with potatoes in vegetable stock; Jean Georges chef de cuisine Gabriel Kreuther's use of asparagus peelings in a juicer to...
- A wonderful meal and a most delightful play. Huxley, Lucy // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/13/2005, Issue 2665, p66
The article presents the author's experience, who dined at the Fortnum's restaurant before heading to the theater in London. The dish he at there was an elaborate ice cream sundae offered after a selection of five main courses. These ranged from wild smoked salmon to roast vegetables, exotic...
- Lazy summer supper. // Good Housekeeping;Jul94, Vol. 219 Issue 1, p134
Provides recipes for turkey-sausage and potato saute and minted melon cups.
- Veggies Take Center Stage. Taylor, Marygrace // FoodService Director;1/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p46
The article discusses the development of healthier menus of the food service industry in the U.S. through its vegetable-based dishes.
- casual entertaining. Skolnick, Bob // Ventanas;2010, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p198
The article suggests menus that include vegetables and fruits for casual dinner parties including the Stuffed Mushrooms Lorraine as appetizer, the Chicken Breast Diego and Spicy Vegetable Coulee as an entree, and the Orange Custard Fruit Cups as a dessert.
- Fare exchange. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Nov2007, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p38
The article presents recipes from Australia's chefs including Pecora Leche Flan With Gingerbread Crumbs, Fino Red Mullet Escabeche With Olive Tapenade and Buzo Savoy Cabbage Insalata.