FOR FLAIR AND FLAVOR: SPICING UP GRAINS
- Between classes, we fight fires and help operate the college. // Christian Science Monitor;3/6/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 69, p16
Relates the authors experience at Warren Wilson College in North Carolina where students' education takes place both inside and outside the classroom and all students are required to complete 100 hours of community service.
- Warren Wilson College. Stearman, David M. // Liberal Education;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p40
Discusses how the International Development Program (IDP) at the Warren Wilson College in Swannanoa, North Carolina have grown from tradition, work and service. Elements contributing to the success of the international program at the college; Background on the school; Initiation of the...
- Vascular Flora of the Warren Wilson College Campus, Swannanoa, North Carolina. Boyd, Amy E.; Monroe, Amanda L. // Castanea;Sep2010, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p353
The 459 ha property that makes up the Warren Wilson College campus (Buncombe County, North Carolina) consists of a variety of forested, wetland, agricultural, and disturbed habitats. A total of 991 specimens of vascular plants were collected during 2007-09 to obtain a vouchered flora of the...
- Thinking Green: Warren Wilson Moves to the Head of the Class. Keenan, Michelle // New Life Journal: Carolina Edition;Apr2007, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p14
The article reflects on the views of Stan Cross, director of Warren Wilson College's Environmental Leadership Program on issues concerning green movement. According to Cross, Warren Wilson College collaborated with students and builders to undertake programs aimed towards green building and...
- DON'T BE CRUEL. Goral, Tim // University Business;Jul2003, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p14
Features Warren Wilson, president of Warren Wilson College. His impersonation of singer Elvis Presley; Description of his costumes; Information on his band Elvi.
- The Reporter. // Journal of Higher Education;Nov1952, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p445
The article offers news briefs on higher education in the United States. A conference was held at Warren Wilson College while a film was produced by Tulane University. Yale University did an experimental course in religious television while some students of the University of Wisconsin acquire...
- Growing farmers. // Business North Carolina;May2015, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p45
The article reports on the strategies implemented by several institutions in North Carolina, including the agricultural advocacy group North Carolina Farm Bureau Federation Inc., University of Mount Olive and Warren Wilson College, to attract young people to the state's agricultural industry....
- Elevating the College Dining Experience Using Half the Space. // Food Management;Aug2012, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p32
The article announces that the foodservice program, Food on Demand, of Sodexo Inc. has received the Best Concept Award from the journal for management.
- Sodexho forms student board, debuts campus program at U.S. college accounts. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;9/5/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 36, p26
Reports on the formation of a student board of directors at the Campus Services Division of food service operator Sodexho USA in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Number of students in the board; Features of the Customenu; Understanding of customers' needs, tastes and preferences.