A cure for what Ailes Fox news staffers
- Roger AILES. J.G. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Nov2003, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p296
Profiles television executive Roger Ailes. Launching of Fox News in 1996; Comparison with CNN; Views on criticisms against Fox's war coverage.
- Ailes: Fox Business Not Open for Business. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/5/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 23, p6
Focuses on the absence of programming plans of Fox News chairman Roger Ailes for the Fox Business Channel in the U.S. in 2006. Reason behind the reluctance of Ailes to launch programs; Status of initial deals of Fox News; Condition given by DBS operators for Fox Business Channel.
- THE FOX NEWS TEAM. // Vanity Fair;Dec2003, Issue 520, p317
Features Fox News Channel founder Roger Ailes and the Fox News team. Popularity of television journalist Bill O'Reilly and other Fox anchors and commentators; Increased ratings; Network's humble beginnings; Network's image and approach to newscasting.
- Bring on the bling. Learmonth, Michael // Variety;9/17/2007, Vol. 408 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on aspects of the launch of the Fox Business Network, scheduled to take place in late 2007. The piece examines the graphic style to be adopted by the cable channel and notes the hiring of television producer Terry Baker, formerly of the CNBC cable channel. The author...
- Not banking on anchors. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;9/16/96, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p52
Reports on the increased competition between established cable news leaders Cable News Network (CNN) and newcomers MSNBC and Fox News Channel. Tendency toward stealing anchors and star power from each other; Fox News chairman Roger Ailes as the most aggressive of the news service executives in...
- Ailes Cracks the Whip as Fox News slips. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/26/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 26, p12
Reports on the decision made by Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes to terminate employees and talents he deemed lacking. Performance of the primetime schedule of the cable news channel; Decline in total viewers of CNN; Evidence that employees are being complacent.
- Ailes weighs in on network battling, war overseas. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;06/21/99, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p13
Interviews Roger Ailes, chairman and chief executive officer of Fox News. Television networks' coverage of the war in Kosovo, Serbia; Fox's capability of covering news events; News coverage of violence; Cost of the coverage of the elections; Views on political issues.
- INSIDE FOX BUSINESS NEWS. Arango, Tim; Hajim, Corey; Yang, Jia Lynn // Fortune;10/29/2007, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p104
The article discusses the Fox Business Network (FBN) channel. FBN aims to cover business news from a populist perspective, in contrast to the competing CNBC channel. Fox executive Roger Ailes is in charge of FBN. FBN represents another step in News Corporation founder Rupert Murdoch's attempt to...
- Fox News respected, says Roger Ailes. Lafayette, Jon; Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;01/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p26
Reports on Fox News chairman and chief executive officer Roger Ailes' pronouncement before affiliates that other television news networks view Fox as a threat. Build up of Fox's affiliate news service NewsEdge; Special introductory rates paid by some affiliates for the service; Joint news feed...