WITH A BABY (OR TWO) ON THE WAY: DIET FOR PREGNANCY
- EaTinG For two or EaTinG Twice as HeaLTHY? DeLorenzo, Theresa // American Fitness;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p40
Addresses questions about women's health during pregnancy. Average weight gain during pregnancy; Ways to prevent nausea and vomiting in the first weeks of pregnancy; Information on important nutrients that a woman should consume while pregnant.
- Relationship between Sociodemographics, Dietary Intake, and Physical Activity with Gestational Weight Gain among Pregnant Women in Rafsanjan City, Iran. Ebrahimi, Fatemeh; Shariff, Zalilah Mohd; Tabatabaei, Seyed Zia; Fathollahi, Mahmood Sheikh; Chan Yoke Mun; Nazari, Mozhgan // Journal of Health, Population & Nutrition;Mar2015, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p168
Gestational weight gain (GWG) is a determinant of health and nutrition of mothers and offspring. However, many factors associated with GWG are not completely understood. The present study assessed the relationship between sociodemographics, dietary intake, and physical activity with GWG in 308...
- MASS ATTACK. STOPPANI, JIM // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec2012, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p58
The article focuses on effective weight gain through mass gainer dietary supplements.
- Finish hard. COULTER, DYLAN; Simone, Michael // Men's Fitness;Dec2016, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p113
The article offers suggestions for men to gain weight by stimulating more growth in back, legs, abs, or chest by doing exercises, ending any cardio workout with four-minute tabata, and using the XS Sports Protein diet supplement from product marketing firm Amway.
- Fertility Improvement and Nutritional Supplementation. // Fertility Weekly;5/17/2004, p2
Discusses an abstract of "Fertility Improvement and Nutritional Supplementation" by Lynn M. Westphal et al, published in the May 17, 2004 issue of "Fertility Weekly."
- Erratum to: Effect of varying dietary energy levels during the last trimester of pregnancy on subsequent first lactation performance in Sahiwal heifers. Fiaz, Muhammad; Abdullah, Muhammad; Nasir, Muhammad; Javed, Khalid; Babar, Masroor; Pasha, Talat; Jabbar, Makhdoom // Tropical Animal Health & Production;Jan2014, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p291
A correction to the article "Effect of varying dietary energy levels during the last trimester of pregnancy on subsequent first lactation performance in Sahiwal heifers" is presented.
- Dealing with nausea. Shivlani, Sonali // Mother & Baby;Apr2015, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p68
The article discusses how women can deal with nausea during pregnancy, referring to myths about vomiting, hyperemesis gravidarum and nutrition, and advice for seeking medical help to avoid dehydration and malnourishment.
- Glucose polymer supplementation of feeds for very low birthweight infants. Raffles, A.; Schiller, G.; Erhardt, P.; Silverman, M. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/19/1983, Vol. 286 Issue 6369, p935
Investigates the use of glucose polymer as food supplement for low birth weight infants. Increase in the rate of weight gain following the addition of glucose polymer; Measurement of occipitofrontal circumference using fiberglass tape; Use of paired t tests to compare growth during...
- Iron status and iron dietary intake in a subpopulation of overweight-obese and normoweight pregnant women participating in the PREOBE study. Garcia-Valdés, L.; Rusanova, I.; Segura, Ma T.; Aguilar, Ma J.; McArdle, Harry; Campoy, C. // Nutricion Hospitalaria;dic2012 suplemento 3, Vol. 27, p55
Introduction: Obesity has been related to iron deficiency (ID). Impaired iron absorption due to an inflammatory state, higher requirements and a poor nutrition are been investigated as contributors. Objectives: The aim of this study was to assess the iron dietary intake accordingly to the RDA...