FOOD DONATION INCENTIVES SOUGHT
- Help Yourself While Helping Someone Else. Luhrs, Janet // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;4/4/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p7A
Presents information on a law passed by the U.S. House and Senate in April 2005, which aims to impose tax deductions to some contributions made to the tsunami victims through January 31, 2005. Terms and conditions of the tax law; Guidelines that must be met by a taxpayer regarding tsunami...
- Congress asked to help donors give to museums. Lufkin, Martha // Art Newspaper;Dec2007, Vol. 16 Issue 186, p22
The article reports that a bill to remedy the negative impact of the 2006 changes in tax laws on fractional art donations has been referred to the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee. Supported by the Association of Art Museum Directors, the proposed bill would require, among others, that all...
- INSIDERS & INUREMENT: THE SEVENTH CIRCUIT'S REVERSAL OF THE TAX COURT IN UNITED CANCER COUNCIL V. COMMISSIONER. Ford, Daniel M. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Summer2000, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p909
Focuses on issues concerning tax exemption of charitable organizations from the federal income tax law in the United States. Details on the law of federal income tax exemption and the inurement prohibition; Overview of the contract between United Cancer Council and Watson & Hughey company; Role...
- COMMITTEE ON INCOME OF ESTATES AND TRUSTS. // Tax Lawyer;Summer75, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p1037
Focuses on the deduction for the distributable net income of an estate distributed to or permanently set aside for distribution to a charitable remainder annuity trust in the United States. Enactment of the Tax Reform Act of 1969; Items of gross income of an estate; Distribution to the...
- With tax law changes, new CRTs may be DOA. Braham, Lewis // Financial Planning;Nov97, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p169
Discusses the negative impact of tax law changes on the appeal of charitable remainder trusts (CRTs) in the United States. Provisions on CRTs from the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997; Determining eligibility for a CRT; Availability of flip charitable remainder unit trusts.
- NONEXEMPT CHARITABLE TRUSTS UNDER THE TAX REFORM ACT OF 1969. Appert, Richard H. // Tax Lawyer;Fall71, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p99
Focuses on the nonexempt charitable trusts under the Tax Reform Act of 1969 in the United States. Deductibility for income, estate and gift tax to charitable trusts; Taxation of the income from trusts paid for charitable purposes; Application of private foundation rules on diversion of trust...
- Tax Cases: Advance Notes. // Accountancy;Dec1968, Vol. 79 Issue 904, p883
Reports on several court cases in Great Britain involving taxation. Covenanted payments to a charity; Selective employment tax; Implications for policies on taxation.
- The Decline in Donations?: Effects of the Tax Reform Act of 1969. Tanis, Norman E.; Ventuleth, Cindy // Library Journal;6/15/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 11, p41
Focuses on the effects of the U.S. Tax Reform Act of 1969 on donations of cultural and historical documents by their originators to nonprofit institutions. Scope and applicability of the Act; History and intent of the act; Implications for public libraries.
- House OKs Charitable Giving Bill With 2 Bond Pilot Projects. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;9/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31722, p5
Reports on the approval of the legislation to increase tax incentives for charitable giving by the U.S. House of Representatives. Sponsorship of the legislation by President George W. Bush; Revisions to the legislation; Submission of the legislation to the House and Senate conference committee.