SCHOOL LUNCH 'OVER-CERTIFICATION': ASFSA warns Congress about over-zealous income rules...while school lunch safety concerns resurface in Senate
- Legislation Could Improve Nutritional Quality, School Foods. // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the introduction of the Child Nutrition Promotion and School Lunch Act of 2006, which would amend the Child Nutrition Act of 1966. The bill would update the definition of food of minimal value, which would improve the nutritional quality of foods sold at schools. School...
- News digests. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/25/99, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p21
Reports developments in the school food service industry as of October 1999. Introduction of The Express at Schultz and the services offered at the Virginia Tech University in Canada; Similarity between American and Canadian school children in terms of dependence on school meal programs;...
- Making NSLP do the job: How AR schools work it out. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the strategies used by member schools at the Pulaski County Special District, Little Rock, Arkansas, in providing popular food items that will meet the reimbursable meal criteria of the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Working promotions on concepts by fast food chains; Reasons...
- Food, Glorious Food. Pricola, Jennifer // Teacher Magazine;Aug/Sep2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p14
Presents information on several fruit-enriched dishes which the United States National School Lunch Program is planning to require in school cafeterias. Sweet Potato Pancakes; Almond Date Bar; Cranberry Barbecue Sauce; Cherry Hamburger.
- Building on the pyramid. Pearl, Anita // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p152
Reports on the introduction of vegetarian options in nutrition programs in schools in the United States. Nutrition-oriented nature of the School Lunch Program; Launching of the Agriculture Department's `Team Nutrition Schools Program'; Henderson County food service director Pamela Tamer's use...
- Las Vegas dist. tests feeding formats. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p16
Presents information on Clark County's testing of feeding formats in relation to school meals. Detailed information on the testing; Reasons for the testing; Comments from Dan McPartlin, food services.
- Another Nutty Rant by Another Texas Goober. HIGHTOWER, JIM // Progressive Populist;11/1/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p3
The article reports on the criticisms of Texas agricultural commissioner Todd Staples for his school cafeteria initiative, called Meatless Mondays.
- SCHOOL FOODSERVICE: Congress urged to cut red tape for summer programs. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p16
Reports on a legislation sponsored by U.S. Senator Richard Lugar which encourage schools to keep their cafeterias open throughout the summer to participate in the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Summer Food Service Program. Percentage of needy children who receive free meals under the National...
- Promote National School Lunch Week. // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p64
Reports the publication of a handbook for foodservice directors on planning activities for the National School Lunch Week by the American School Food Service Association in the United States. Purpose of developing the book; Coverage of the book; Access to the Website pertaining to the activity.