FOR SPEEDIER SERVICE: Univ. of Penn deli gets in touch
- 21ST CENTURY FOODSERVICE: HIGH-TECH DEVICES SPEED CUSTOMER THROUGHPUT. // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the application of point-of-sale technology in some food service operations in the United States in 2001. Functionality of the iMenu system at the University of Rhode Island in Kingston; Description of the Sodexho pilot program at the facility of Nokia in Irving, Texas.
- iPads deter unauthorized access to UConn dining centers. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;12/24/2016, p1
The article discusses the introduction of point of sale (POS) system with iPads in two dining centers of the University of Connecticut as a measure to check the entrance of unauthorized students and avoid card passing.
- Look Ma, No Cash! Kren, Amy // Food Management;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p0
Reports on how food service operators are capitalizing on third-generation point-of-sale (POS) technology in the U.S. Application of POS at the University of Akron in Ohio; POS system used in Wachovia Corp.'s production center in Orlando, Florida; Use of POS technology at Maine Medical Center in...
- Bloomsburg U. Debuts New Servery. // Food Management;Apr2001, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p18
Describes Bloomsburg University in Pennsylvania's Scranton Commons Dining Hall. Concepts.
- UPenn mulls outsourcing foodservice. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/08/96, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p18
Cites a report in campus newspaper `The Summer Pennsylvanian' on the University of Pennsylvania's plan to turn over its foodservice operations to a contractor. Companies for consideration.
- COMING THIS SEMESTER: Campus beefs up board-plan. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the renovation of Scranton Commons at Bloomsburg University in Pennsylvania aimed to give space for a board-plan operation, a cyber cafeteria and a pizza shop. Value of the renovation; Description of the renovated facility.
- Major F/S renovation push ahead: What's up at U. of Penn. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p62
Focuses on the reorganization of the food service program at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. Selection of Bon Appetit to provide all food service operations in the Perelman Quad; Development of a study plan on the university's catering services. INSET: A dining assessment: Penn...
- Best of IT honored at confab's awards ceremony. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;11/17/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 46, p38
Reports on the awards won by Au Bon Pain Co., Ruby Tuesday Inc. and Delaware North Cos. Inc. at the International Foodservice Technology Exposition Awards Luncheon in Long Beach, California. Sponsorship of Visa U.S.A. Inc. to the luncheon program; Honors given to the hospitality programs at the...
- NO PROBLEMS IN HOUSTON: U.-PENN CONVERGES IN OLDEST STUD. UNION. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the renovation of the Houston Hall at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. Installation of two food service operations; Popularity of the venues to students; Background on the food offerings.