Fly fishing for striped bass
- Roanoke Revival. Arrington, Joel // Salt Water Sportsman;May96, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p84
Features fly fishing for striped bass in Roanoke River and Albermale Sound in North Carolina. Abundance of striped bass in the area; Observations on the behavior of striped bass; Average weight of catches. INSETS: STRIPER GUIDES.;N.C. STRIPER LIMITS.;FISH KILL ON THE ROANOKE..
- FRESHWATER TACTICS for Stripers. Keer, Tom // Fly Fisherman;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p38
Presents tips in fishing for stripers in the U.S. Efficacy of the traditional freshwater fly-fishing method; Importance of understanding the fish and bait patterns; Advantage of using flatwing fly design for saltwater fishing.
- Summer Schoolie Solution. Migdalski, Tom // Salt Water Sportsman;Jul2000, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p68
Provides tips on the use of a dropper fly for striper bass fishing.
- Striped bass: Fly-rod ready! Gibbs, Jerry // Salt Water Sportsman;Jun96, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p58
Relates the challenges of saltwater fly fishing for striped bass in the Northeast coast of the United States. Favorable month for fly fishing; Existence of productive striper flats; Fish-attracting features; Availability of fishing structures; Basic rule of thumb in fly fishing.
- Salt Marsh Stripers. McMurray, John // Fly Fishing in Salt Waters;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p44
The article focuses on fly-fishing for striped bass and discusses that salt marshes, where the fish commonly cruises and are usually found in the mid-Atlantic and Northeast, are often within sight of major metropolitan areas acting as an abundant source of marine line. It details the...
- Skok's Mushmouth. FRAZIER, JOHN // Fly Fishing in Salt Waters;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p18
The article features fly-fishing photographer Dave Skok and his passion for fly-fishing. This passion of Skok began at the age of 10 in his home in Connecticut. Skok recalls the first time he caught a striped bass. His career as a fly-fishing photographer has offered him opportunities to travel...
- THE BIG FOUR of LITTLE RHODY. Keer, Tom // Fly Fisherman;Sep2001, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p30
Reports on abundance of striped bass, bluefish, bonito and false albacore which favors fly fishers in waters around Rhode Island.
- [ HOT SPOTS ] SUMMER. // Fly Fishing in Salt Waters;May/Jun2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p69
The article focuses on areas in the U.S. that are ideal for fly fishing during the summer. May and June are considered the best months to catch striper in Long Island and lower New York Harbor. In Jupiter, Florida, cobia, big jack crevalle, kingfish, amberjacks and blackfin tuna are said to be...
- HOT SPOTS. // Fly Fishing in Salt Waters;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p61
The article presents information on places where fly anglers can catch inshore species like snook, tarpon and redfish during the Summer of 2012. Snook can reportedly be found in various place along mangrove shorelines, bridges and jetties in Jupiter, Florida. Striped bass or bluefish tuna can be...