...and live on pigeon pie
- Widow's Walk. Hagner, Chuck // Birder's World;Jun2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p6
Provides information on the Passenger Pigeons. Description of the bird; Failure of ornithologists to make a study of the nesting and other phases of the life history of the bird while it existed in large numbers.
- CAROLINA PARAKEET. // Illinois Audubon;Winter2010/2011, Issue 315, p7
The article describes the Carolina parakeet and the passenger pigeon, which birds the author had found along the Ohio River and nearby places, and expresses concern about the decreasing number of the former.
- Untitled. // Timeline;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p57
An painting of four passenger pigeons is presented.
- Going down in history. Reeve, Simon // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Mar2001, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p60
Presents information on passenger pigeons. Observations about the bird based on historical documents; Efforts of farmers against the pigeon; Factors that led to its extinction. INSETS: Dead birds' society;The pressure's on--some UK birds under threat.
- Gone Forever. // Ask;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p17
The article provides information on the mass extinction of passenger pigeons.
- Haute Cuisine: Plus Ã‡a Change, Plus C'est la MÃªme Chose. // Orion Magazine;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p10
The recipes for Passenger Pigeon Pie and Breaded Orange Roughy are presented.
- Pigeon footing. Barnes, Bill // New Scientist;11/1/2008, Vol. 199 Issue 2680, p21
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article regarding the passenger pigeon's extinction due to hunting.
- Learn about the extinction of the passenger pigeon. // Farm & Dairy;5/15/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 34, pB39
The article offers information on the activities that will explore the extinction of passenger pigeon, the Blackbrook Audubon Society meeting and the Life, Time and Demise of the Passenger Pigeon program on May 20, 2014 at the West Woods Nature Center in Russell Township, Ohio.
- The Case of the Disappearing Future. Wagner, Cynthia G. // Futurist;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p3
An introduction is presented which discusses various topics in the issue such as the possible obsolescence of smartphones according to forecaster Paul Saffo, the obsolescence of certain processes related to education and work, as well as the re-population of the extinct passenger pigeon.