- Croaker Crossing. Gordon, David George // National Geographic World;Oct99, Issue 290, p5
States that people in Oxton, England and Brno, Czech Republic, are fond of frogs and toads. How the British keep frogs and toads safe; How police in Brno are protecting frogs and toads during spawning season.
- WHICH IS WHICH? FROG AND TOAD. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1 (Teacher's Edition);May2001, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p15
Discusses the similarities and differences of toads and frogs.
- The Weird World of FROGS. Sunquist, Fiona // National Geographic World;Mar2002, Issue 318, p14
Presents information on frogs and toads. Deformities developed by frogs; Functions of frogs' eyes; Characteristics of toads and frogs.
- Science corner. Putnam, Alice // Highlights for Children;Aug95, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p6
Describes the differences between a frog and a toad. Characteristics; Habitat.
- Frog or toad: How to tell. Lacey, Elizabeth A.; Cassels, Jean // Spider;Mar94, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p30
Discusses the differences of toads and frogs. Habitat; Skin; Appearance; Physiology.
- Ontario's frogs and toads. Darwen, Lisa // Ontario Out of Doors;Apr2003, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p24
Presents information about various species of frogs and toads in Ontario. Differences between the two species; Physical attributes of Mink frog, Green frog, Bull frog, Wood frog, et.al; Habitat of American toad, Fowler's toad, Spring peeper, et.al. INSET: USING FROGS FOR BAIT OR FOOD.
- Followup. GUERIN, EMILY // High Country News;6/10/2013, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p8
The article focuses on a study related to death of frogs and toads from 2002 to 2011 in the U.S.
- Frog or Toad? // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;Apr2010, Vol. 79, p4
A quiz about the difference between a frog and a toad is presented.
- Peepers are keepers. Coull, Cheryl // Beautiful British Columbia;Spring2001, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p46
Reports that the Habitat Conservation Trust, in concert with the provincial and federal governments, is asking the public for details of any frog and toad sightings in British Columbia.