- An Elegant Wilderness: Great Camps and Grand Lodges of the Adirondacks, 1855-1935. Trendler, Amy // ARLIS/NA Reviews;Jan2012, p5
The article reviews the book "An Elegant Wilderness: Great Camps and Grand Lodges of the Adirondacks, 1855-1935," by Gladys Montgomery.
- 5 OF THE BEST... GARDENER'S NOTEBOOKS. // Daily Mail;11/22/2014, p76
- BOOKS IN BRIEF. // Old House Journal;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p13
The article offers information on the books "Architecture and Landscape of the Pennsylvania Germans 1720-1920" and "An Elegant Wilderness: Great Camps and Grand Lodges of the Adirondacks," by Gladys Montgomery.
- Books Received. // New York History;Winter2012, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p107
The article reviews several books including "Red Brethren: The Brothertown and Stockbridge Indians and the Problems of Race in America," by David J. Silverman, "The Unkechaug Indians of Eastern Long Island: A History," by John A. Strong, and "An Elegant Wilderness: Great Camps and Grand Lodges...
- Halls of Fir and Ivy. Swinn, Brian W. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2002, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on the Adirondack Museum in Adirondacks, New York. Environment of the museum; Description of the Adirondack Museum; Historical background. INSET: If you go.
- Catskill summers -- and the Fried Chicken War. KWIATOSKI, DEBBIE // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/23/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p17
The article traces the history of economic developments in the rural Upstate regions in New York. It cites the contribution of railroads in the economic development in the regions. Several mountain houses in the regions include Mohonk Mountain House and Catskill Mountain House that offered...
- The Adirondacks: Land of lumberjack, fishermen, and nature-loving painter. Marien, Mary Warner // Christian Science Monitor;7/24/97, Vol. 89 Issue 167, p12
Reviews the exhibition of Adirondack painting called `These Glorious Mountains: Masterworks of the Adirondacks' at the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake, New York.
- Reviews. Hearne, Pam // Adults Learning;Jun98, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p27
Reviews the book `Just About Managing?' by Sandy Adirondack.
- Adirondack Pilgrimage (Book). Cobb, Tom // Conservationist;Sep/Oct87, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p52
Reviews the book 'Adirondack Pilgrimage,' by Paul Jamieson.
- The Adirondacks (Book). // New Republic;12/1/17, Vol. 13 Issue 161, p131
Reviews the book "The Adirondacks," by T. Morris Longstreth.